Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP in for Service - Model X Loaner - Wow!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took my 22' MYP in for a passenger safety restraint fault and was expecting to sit around for awhile waiting for it. To my surprise, they gave me a loaner MX. Unbelievable how different these 2 cars are. The ride/drive quality is light-years better than my MYP. Suspension feels awesome and this makes the acceleration feel so much smoother. Absolutely love the dash display and tilted screen combination instead of looking at an empty space in front of the MY steering wheel. Getting rid of both stalks and moving the blinkers, wipers, etc. controls to the steering wheel is very cool. Definitely not a fan of the half-steering wheel however. That would take some getting used to. As far as looks go, I still think the MY looks so much better.

Took my 22' MYP in for a passenger safety restraint fault and was expecting to sit around for awhile waiting for it. To my surprise, they gave me a loaner MX. Unbelievable how different these 2 cars are. The ride/drive quality is light-years better than my MYP. Suspension feels awesome and this makes the acceleration feel so much smoother. Absolutely love the dash display and tilted screen combination instead of looking at an empty space in front of the MY steering wheel. Getting rid of both stalks and moving the blinkers, wipers, etc. controls to the steering wheel is very cool. Definitely not a fan of the half-steering wheel however. That would take some getting used to. As far as looks go, I still think the MY looks so much better.
Thanks for your sharing.

I'm picking up MYP tomorrow. I do like MX, but it didn't seem worth $100K, wish Tesla reduce price of MX to be within $80K, then it can be a compelling option considering the PHEV rebates.

This is funny. My 5 day old MYLR is in for service and I have a Model X loaner. My kids love the doors. They keep begging me to buy it. Little do they know that daddy can’t swing a $120k car. I love the instrument cluster. The seats feel good. It’s faster than my model Y. When I open the doors in parking lots , I always draw some onlookers.

Don't forget the ridiculous falcon wing doors and the fake rear rising spoiler (the original rear spoiler rose and lowered, the new one is designed to look like it does). Those are deal breakers (and the $100k).
Agreed. I did NOT like the rear doors. Definitely not something I'd want to deal with. I did like the front doors as you simply touch the handle and the door opens by itself. Then, when you sit in the seat, the door closes itself. I had no idea the spoiler was no longer functional. That's lame.

I’ve never driven the X. Since owning the MYP, I have wondered if I should have looked. But prices in 2022 were so outrageous, I didn’t give it a second thought. That’s why we didn’t look at the BMW IX either, which has an even better ride than the X.