Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP TPMS Compatibility

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup, you got lucky with that find.

I had 433 MHz sensors that worked with my ‘19 Model 3 in my winter set, but they are incompatible with my new Y because Bluetooth and Tesla has to do things differently. And they’re not cheap. A $200 used set off of eBay later, I have working TPMS. The nice thing is that your Model Y should recognize them immediately without any fussing around with programming. Most other cars can’t do that.

Yup, you got lucky with that find.

I had 433 MHz sensors that worked with my ‘19 Model 3 in my winter set, but they are incompatible with my new Y because Bluetooth and Tesla has to do things differently. And they’re not cheap. A $200 used set off of eBay later, I have working TPMS. The nice thing is that your Model Y should recognize them immediately without any fussing around with programming. Most other cars can’t do that.
Good to know!

Appreciate the response. Can you tell me how you know this?

For whatever it’s worth, I learned about which models had each type of sensor from Tsportline’s website:

1D3DFB51-ACF5-4D4E-8EA0-83580592B6DA.jpeg

Reactions: Deaf Paul
I think pricing will get better.

Tesla is more vertically-integrated than most other automakers, but I can't imagine they're the only ones using Bluetooth sensors. Sooner or later, they'll become a commodity item that doesn't demand a ridiculous premium.

Yep, go eBay (for now) if you want to pay $40-
I think pricing will get better.

Tesla is more vertically-integrated than most other automakers, but I can't imagine they're the only ones using Bluetooth sensors. Sooner or later, they'll become a commodity item that doesn't demand a ridiculous premium.
It's surprising, but Tesla really is the only automaker using BT TPMS sensors. If any other companies see the need to make the same transition, it would be good for the market, but... I don't see the benefit of BT sensors, maybe Tesla wanted to make them proprietary with no actual increase in function. Standard sensors read temp/pressure just fine...