TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

National Drive Electric Week - Atlantic City, NJ (9/12/17)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by jareade, Sep 12, 2017.

1. jareade

jareade Supporting Member

My wife and I had a great time taking our Model S and Roadster to today's National Drive Electric Week in Atlantic City. We met a lot of nice people who are all passionate about EVs. The event was hosted by the Atlantic County Utilities Authority. There was a table of Nissan Leaf souvenirs and a nice lunch was provided to all attendees. If you have a local event, I'd encourage you to attend. Attendance at ours wasn't overwhelming, but it was a lot of fun and we had a perfect day weather-wise.

Among the cars we saw, there were 3 Model S, 1 Roadster, (No Model X), Cadillac ELR, Chevrolet Bolt, Chevy Spark EV, Honda Fit EV, Nissan LEAF, and a Zero Motorcycle.

The Roadster pretty much stole the show. Most people had never seen one before and probably a dozen people sat in it and pretty much everyone took a picture of the car, them in front of the car or them in the car!

Our local paper, the Press of Atlantic City was there and did a story. I was interviewed for 3+ minutes. Clearly I do not have a career in front of the camera as a Tesla spokesperson, but I did my best with no prep!

Here's a link to the article and video:

Local electric car owners discuss benefits, lifestyle of driving green

[​IMG]

Photo above courtesy of Edward Lea, staff photographer of the Press of Atlantic City.

Photos below taken by me:

IMG_3159.JPG IMG_3160.JPG IMG_3163.JPG IMG_3165.JPG

• Like x 1