Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

National Drive Electric Week - Atlantic City, NJ (9/12/17)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife and I had a great time taking our Model S and Roadster to today's National Drive Electric Week in Atlantic City. We met a lot of nice people who are all passionate about EVs. The event was hosted by the Atlantic County Utilities Authority. There was a table of Nissan Leaf souvenirs and a nice lunch was provided to all attendees. If you have a local event, I'd encourage you to attend. Attendance at ours wasn't overwhelming, but it was a lot of fun and we had a perfect day weather-wise.

Among the cars we saw, there were 3 Model S, 1 Roadster, (No Model X), Cadillac ELR, Chevrolet Bolt, Chevy Spark EV, Honda Fit EV, Nissan LEAF, and a Zero Motorcycle.

The Roadster pretty much stole the show. Most people had never seen one before and probably a dozen people sat in it and pretty much everyone took a picture of the car, them in front of the car or them in the car!

Our local paper, the Press of Atlantic City was there and did a story. I was interviewed for 3+ minutes. Clearly I do not have a career in front of the camera as a Tesla spokesperson, but I did my best with no prep!

Here's a link to the article and video:

Local electric car owners discuss benefits, lifestyle of driving green

59b84362d8bdf.image.jpg

Photo above courtesy of Edward Lea, staff photographer of the Press of Atlantic City.

Photos below taken by me:

IMG_3159.JPG
IMG_3160.JPG
IMG_3163.JPG
IMG_3165.JPG

Reactions: madodel