TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

National Drive Electric Week Texas 2018 - September 8-16

Discussion in 'Texas' started by bollar, Sep 5, 2018.

1. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

Make plans to bring your Tesla to one of the NDEW events around Texas. It's a great way to meet other Tesla and other EV owners. The Texas events are perhaps surprisingly popular. The North Texas event is currently the largest in the country in terms of electric miles driven, total cars and total Teslas.

We hope to see you there!

Grapevine, TX -- Saturday, September 8

Austin, TX -- Saturday, September 15

Houston, TX -- Saturday, September 15

San Antonio, TX -- Saturday, September 15

Corpus Christi, TX -- Sunday, September 9

• Like x 1
  2. arcus

arcus Active Member

See you on Saturday in Grapevine! Hope I can wash the car between the rains :)

• Love x 1
  3. bollar

Embrace the rain... TWERkGyTSveQBLG5007QrA.jpg

• Love x 3
    • Like x 1
  4. arcus

arcus Active Member

Showing off the science on the roof of Model 3, me likes that :)

For the record, I am not complaining about the rain. We never seem to get enough of it here anyway!

5. bollar

Ah, that roofline is an X! The 3 isn't the only one to get that love. Agree on the rain.

6. SpiceWare

SpiceWare Member

I'm taking my 3 to the Corpus Christi and local Houston events. Good excuse to visit my sister, she lives out in the country west of Corpus near Orange Grove, and pick up some awesome jerky from Prasek's :D

• Like x 1
  7. ℬête Noire

ℬête Noire Active Member

I see there is going to be a Jag in Houston. I wonder if that's a dealership or Jaguar doing PR, or an "out in the wild" owner stopping by? Either way I'm interested to get some eyes on it.

Screen Shot 2018-09-06 at 10.21.04 AM.png

P.S. Yes, I'm signed up under Team Bolt. Blame Tesla for scheduling my delivery too late. ;)

• Like x 2
  8. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

Wow, it looks like we are going to be busy in Austin next week :)
    There are 42 Tesla's registered out of 90 EVs - impressive

• Like x 1
  9. Shaggy

Shaggy Member

Yeah and the only L2 at the site is ADA only parking... sigh. Maybe we can pass around a ChaDeMo adapter.

• Like x 1
  10. TX-T3sla

TX-T3sla Member

I just registered for the Grapevine event. Look forward to meeting many of you there.

• Like x 1
  11. geoffreak

geoffreak Driving My Model 3

I'm registered for the Grapevine event. See you all tomorrow and don't forget umbrellas and rain boots!

• Like x 1
  12. SpiceWare

SpiceWare Member

I've worked up a Model 3 Info sheet to hand out while I'm at the Corpus Christi and Houston events.

Model 3 Handout

Click the wrench icon to download a copy for your own use. Feel free to make any revisions, such as swapping out the car image for one that looks like yours.

Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 10.02.46 AM.png

Note: I've blacked out my referral code in these screenshots.

Model 3 Handout.pages.jpg Model 3 Handout 2.pages.jpg

• Like x 2
  13. SpiceWare

SpiceWare Member

Had a great time at the Corpus Christi event, much better turn out than I expected. There ended up being 5 Teslas at one point, 4 Model 3s and a Model S.

Only bummer was it rained quite a bit during the second hour of the event, though there was a plus side as afterward the wet roofs on the 3s attracted a lot of attention. Not everybody took a handout, ended up giving away about 30 of them (most during the 2 hours it wasn't raining).

Model 3 owner next to me took a smoke break at one point and was talking up the 3 to my sister & brother-in-law. He mentioned "the guy next to me even came down from Houston!", to which my sister replied "I know, he's my brother". I don't know if she told him this, or was just thinking it, but she relayed to me "You don't need to sell me on a Tesla, I've driven his and want one of my own".

My brother-in-law was disappointed that there weren't any electric motorcycles to see, he'd misheard me when I mentioned one was signed up for the Houston event.

And, of course, I made the obligatory stop at Prasek's :D

IMG_0149.jpg

• Informative x 1
  14. ℬête Noire

ℬête Noire Active Member

#14 ℬête Noire, Sep 10, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    So then there were a good number of people without an EV that showed up to look around? More than the 34 registered people would suggest?

15. SpiceWare

SpiceWare Member

Yeah, a lot more than 34 people. The CC event was in the far corner of the parking lot of a defunct HEB that's now used by Del Mar college as their Center for Economic Developement. The building's about a mile away from the campus, and nobody was going into that building on Sunday so everybody there came specifically for the event.

• Informative x 1
  16. Shaggy

Shaggy Member

Excellent start!

• Like x 1
  17. VonHeinrich

VonHeinrich Member

Austin Event so far 9/12/18 at 5:30pm
    upload_2018-9-12_17-37-51.png

18. wart

wart Nosecone Member

Quick heads up, the San Antonio event has been postponed to September 22nd due to the likelihood of rain on the 15th.

19. Shaggy

Shaggy Member

Quick heads up, the Austin, TX event has been cancelled due to the high likelihood of rain also.

20. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

Now Saturday, 9/22 from 9-1 at the Pearl in and among the Farmer's Market. Come on out next Saturday!