Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

National Plug In Day 9/28-9/29 (Florida)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DJ Frustration

Former Model X Sig, Model S, Model 3, Model Y
Jun 19, 2012
Miami, Florida
Head's up guys. National Plug In Day is a month and a half away. It may be a good idea for us to get involved/help plan any associated events in our state.

Take a look at this Resources page on Plug In America's website if you'd like to organize any events in your community.
National Plug In Day - Resources

If anyone is interested in assisting, I can begin discussions with the Village of Pinecrest on holding an EV Showcase event alongside the popular Pinecrest Gardens Farmer's Market on 9/29. Would anyone besides me be interested in participating?

Head's up guys. National Plug In Day is a month and a half away. It may be a good idea for us to get involved/help plan any associated events in our state.

Take a look at this Resources page on Plug In America's website if you'd like to organize any events in your community.
National Plug In Day - Resources

If anyone is interested in assisting, I can begin discussions with the Village of Pinecrest on holding an EV Showcase event alongside the popular Pinecrest Gardens Farmer's Market on 9/29. Would anyone besides me be interested in participating?

Ethan,

It may be a little late to try to organize an event on such short notice. Nevertheless, you may wish to consult our club's membership list and email some locals to see if there is interest in assisting you. Even if its too late for this year, at least you may be able to put together a committee for next year.

In the next week or so I plan on sending out a mass mailing to our club members listing the various firm Plug In Day events across the state of Florida, providing some details and contact information. Our members may wish to participate by displaying their Teslas. In some cases there are also "Silent Parades".

If you get to the point where you have details regarding your event send me the details at [email protected] and I'll add your event to the mass mailing.

Regards,

Larry

It may be late, but better late than never. I actually have a conflict on 9/29 but if enough people were interested I would move it around. Basically, all I envision for us is as follows:

* We can get a few Model S owners to park our cars right next to the Pinecrest Farmer's Market entrance. Each owner can fill in the # of "Oil-free Miles Driven" using this sign and place it on their dash. http://pluginday.org/resources/OilFreeMilesSign.pdf
* We'll have a sign about National Plug In Day and I'll print up some stuff to hand out
* Owners can answer questions people have about their cars and talk about the many benefits of EVs
* I have a strong belief that I could get involvement from Pinecrest Gardens, The Farmer's Market and the Village of Pinecrest (maybe even the Mayor).

Bottom line, it doesn't have to be much work. All I need is at least two other EV owners who can commit to parking their cars for a period of time at Pinecrest Gardens.

Pinecrest Gardens is located at 11000 Red Road Pinecrest, Florida 33156 Map Link
Here are more details about the award winning farmer's market: Miami Best Farmers' Market - Pinecrest Gardens Green Market - Best Of Miami - Miami New Times

Anyone interested?

It may be late, but better late than never. I actually have a conflict on 9/29 but if enough people were interested I would move it around. Basically, all I envision for us is as follows:

* We can get a few Model S owners to park our cars right next to the Pinecrest Farmer's Market entrance. Each owner can fill in the # of "Oil-free Miles Driven" using this sign and place it on their dash. http://pluginday.org/resources/OilFreeMilesSign.pdf
* We'll have a sign about National Plug In Day and I'll print up some stuff to hand out
* Owners can answer questions people have about their cars and talk about the many benefits of EVs
* I have a strong belief that I could get involvement from Pinecrest Gardens, The Farmer's Market and the Village of Pinecrest (maybe even the Mayor).

Bottom line, it doesn't have to be much work. All I need is at least two other EV owners who can commit to parking their cars for a period of time at Pinecrest Gardens.

Pinecrest Gardens is located at 11000 Red Road Pinecrest, Florida 33156 Map Link
Here are more details about the award winning farmer's market: Miami Best Farmers' Market - Pinecrest Gardens Green Market - Best Of Miami - Miami New Times

Anyone interested?

Sounds doable.

The National Plug In Day organizers have reserved Saturday, September 28th and Sunday, September 29th for this event. Local organizers can select either or both dates for their events. So if need be you could select the Saturday for your event.

Larry