Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PAST EVENT: Statewide Tesla Road Rally & Visit to Edison Estates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Larry Chanin

President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts
Aug 22, 2011
Sarasota, Florida
Teslas%20as%20far%20as%20the%20eye%20can%20see.jpg

This event is only available to members of Florida Tesla Enthusiasts (FTE). To join the club, visit our website at teslaownersflorida.org and click on the Join Us link.

Join us for a Road Rally across the state to the Edison & Ford Winter Estates.

AGENDA

LOCAL MEET-UPS

Event organizers have arranged local meet-ups in the morning at restaurants near a Supercharger Station in their respective areas. Local members will meet there for coffee or a quick breakfast and then form a small caravan to travel to the Sarasota Supercharger Station by 11:30 am where there are 20 Supercharging stalls. Three of the most distant groups will be leaving a day early.

The local meet-up locations and arrival times are:

• Sarasota Supercharger Station - Sat, Jan 27 at 11:00 am
  • Ft Myers Supercharger Station - Sat, Jan 27 at 12:15 pm
  • Brandon Supercharger Station - Sat, Jan 27 at 10:00 am
  • Ocala Supercharger Station - Sat, Jan 27 at 8:00 am
  • Live Oak Supercharger Station - Fri, Jan 26 at 8:45 am
  • St. Augustine Supercharger Station - Fri, Jan 26 at 8:45 am
  • Port Orange Supercharger Station - Fri, Jan 26 at 8:45 am
  • Port Saint Lucie Supercharger Station - Sat, Jan 27 at 9:00 am
  • Plantation Supercharger Station - Sat, Jan 27 at 9:30 am
Here is a map of the routes originating at the various local meet-ups across the state:

Road%20Trip.png

OVERNIGHT STAY AT THE MARRIOTT COURTYARD SARASOTA & DINNER

For members living a significant distance from Sarasota, we recommend leaving a day early and staying overnight at the Marriott Courtyard near the Sarasota Supercharger Station. For members staying overnight at the Marriott Courtyard, we will arrange a group dinner at a nearby restaurant the night before the Edison Estates event.

LUNCH IN SARASOTA

In Sarasota during the day of the event, we will reserve a private room at the nearby Carrabba's Italian Grill for lunch while cars charge. Members will also have the option of dining at Zoës Kitchen. Following lunch, we will proceed as one large silent caravan to the Edison Estates.

LUNCH IN FORT MYERS

For members coming from Port Saint Lucie and Plantation, rather than meeting at Sarasota for lunch, they will meet at 12:15 pm at a restaurant nearby the Fort Myers Supercharger Station for lunch during which time their cars can charge. After lunch they would proceed as a group to the Edison Estates.

TOURS AT THE EDISON & FORD WINTER ESTATES

After arriving at the Edison Estates at 2:00 pm, we will have a private Guided tour which includes the museum and laboratory. The tour will last 2.5 -3 hours in total and is partially guided, partially self-guided (lab and museum).

DINNER AT PINCHER'S

Following the tours, we will arrange to have dinner at Pincher’s Restaurant at the marina walking distance from the Edison Estates.

OVERNIGHT STAY AT THE HAMPTON INN FORT MYERS

For those who do not wish to drive home that evening, if there is sufficient interest, we will obtain group rates at the nearby Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers-Colonial Blvd that has a Tesla Destination Charger.

Larry

I'm curious to know if anybody else is having problems booking into the Hampton Inn for the FTE. They have on three calls insisted there is no such group as the Florida Tesla Enthusiasts registered with them. Is it just me?

I'm curious to know if anybody else is having problems booking into the Hampton Inn for the FTE. They have on three calls insisted there is no such group as the Florida Tesla Enthusiasts registered with them. Is it just me?
Hi JC,

Thanks for letting me know. I signed a contract a few days ago and it was supposed to be setup within an hour. I've contacted the Director of Sales to let her know that they've dropped the ball. I check this out personally tomorrow.

Larry

Last edited:
JC,

The Director of Sales took care of the issue. This afternoon I reserved my room without incident.

Larry