Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nav needs to be reinstalled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
we took delivery of a 12/14 build p85D last Wednesday. Everything went flawlessly and has worked the same. This morning my husband took the car out and he said there was an exclamation on the MCU saying to reinstall navigation maps. He did a soft reboot of the MCU and everything is back in working order.

BUT...all our homelink data. Our driver profiles. Our cars name. And lastly my ability to connect via the Tesla app is now gone. (All these things worked yesterday) has this happened to anyone before?

Honestly having to reset the profiles and such is not to big of an issue. My main concern is my lack of being able to remotely connect to the car. Being its Sunday I don’t know who/where to call. The only option was an email but I’d also sent one last week for another minor question and never heard back.

You didn't do a Factory Reset via the center screen menus? That's what the results sound like.

That should not happen with a normal double scroll wheel reset.

Service might be able to check your car's logs and see if the computer recorded a fault. One possibility is that the computer (or at least it's memory) failed. You can search "eMMC" to find one scenario.

The other thing that comes to mind is a screw-up by Tesla affecting your account access to the car.

Either way, give service a call. If you have access to your Tesla.com account you can simply schedule a service appointment. They'll call back if they think they can fix it remotely or via mobile service.

No it wasn’t a factory reset. At least WE didn’t do that. We did a reboot of the MCU by holding the two scroll wheels on the steering wheel.

I guess I’ll have to wait until tomorrow to see if Tesla can tell me why I can’t access the car remotely. Or does anyone know how to get ahold of them today? I hate carrying the dang key with me.