Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigate to *closest* location?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Occasionally, I'd like the navigation to direct me to a common franchise business without having to choose one from the list. For instance, "Navigate to the closest Starbucks". This way I don't need to take my eyes off the road just to choose the top item.

Sadly, that command doesn't work. Does anyone know if there's a command like it to achieve the same goal? I googled a bit but haven't found anything.

If this doesn't exist and you have connections at Tesla, seems like a really useful command.

Occasionally, I'd like the navigation to direct me to a common franchise business without having to choose one from the list. For instance, "Navigate to the closest Starbucks". This way I don't need to take my eyes off the road just to choose the top item.

Sadly, that command doesn't work. Does anyone know if there's a command like it to achieve the same goal? I googled a bit but haven't found anything.

If this doesn't exist and you have connections at Tesla, seems like a really useful command.
This! I would also like search results in navigation to not just be a list but show up on the map. Direction from where I am matters, not just distance.
And when adding a stop like this to a route I’m already taking, prioritize one that makes sense with the existing route.

Upvote 0
This! I would also like search results in navigation to not just be a list but show up on the map. Direction from where I am matters, not just distance.
And when adding a stop like this to a route I’m already taking, prioritize one that makes sense with the existing route.
They do show up on the map....... little grey icons with letters in them.

Upvote 0
What would be useful is to not show just the distance to the location (it may be behind you and not where you are going, but distance off your planned route plus distance to get there. So you might see a list like this:

distance ahead off path
10 miles 4 miles
25 miles 2 miles

behind path
10 miles
15 miles

So you could go 6 miles, then 4 miles off your path (and 4 miles back)
or
23 miles then 2 miles off path and 2 miles back

or you could go backwards 10 or 15 miles.

====

Another good option is that when you pick one of these you declare it as a side trip instead of it replacing your destination.
Especially useful on a long trip where you are going to be using Superchargers and conditioning the battery

Mike

Reactions: ss71
Upvote 0
What would be useful is to not show just the distance to the location (it may be behind you and not where you are going, but distance off your planned route plus distance to get there. So you might see a list like this:

distance ahead off path
10 miles 4 miles
25 miles 2 miles

behind path
10 miles
15 miles

So you could go 6 miles, then 4 miles off your path (and 4 miles back)
or
23 miles then 2 miles off path and 2 miles back

or you could go backwards 10 or 15 miles.

====

Another good option is that when you pick one of these you declare it as a side trip instead of it replacing your destination.
Especially useful on a long trip where you are going to be using Superchargers and conditioning the battery

Mike
Using the Add A Stop button can add it in without replacing your end destination.

Upvote 0
This is unrelated to this particular forum but in a post from a while ago said someone on Reddit said you made a part to convert 2018/2019 Model 3 USB-A to 2020 USB-C ports. Would you still happen to sell those?
Just a heads up, you can also purchase adapters very inexpensively, and they're a very small form factor... barely noticeable.

Upvote 0