Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation “jumping” directions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The maps on my Model 3 recently started “jumping”. The car randomly points in a different direction and then jumps back to normal. Happens every 5-10 seconds or so. Anyone else seen this behavior? Hardware or software issue? Tried scroll wheel reboot few times and that didn’t help.

It’s the direction that is changing. Not the location. Something is up with the compass of the car. But I think it is software related.

I have had the same thing occur now that I’m on 2019.16.12. Report it as a bug using the voice control.

It’s the direction that is changing. Not the location. Something is up with the compass of the car. But I think it is software related.

I have had the same thing occur now that I’m on 2019.16.12. Report it as a bug using the voice control.
Yeah - that's what I mentioned as well. It is weird that it did not happen for a long time on 2019.12.1.2 and now it suddenly started doing this on the same version. Will wait to see if 2019.16.x fixes it before scheduling a service appointment.