Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation won’t store addresses and strange routing issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like many others, system will not store home address not work or favorites. This obviously negates several navigation features as well as disabling sentry mode. If home address is stored, you can again enable sentry mode, but system quickly “forgets” home address and sentry turns off again. Long standing issue spanning many, many updates over last 6 months or so.

Possibly a related issue is that routing to certain numbered streets. For instance, any address number, real or imagined, on 29th Ave W for instance, is clearly interpreted by speech recognition as “navigate to 3015 29th Ave W”, but between the speech recognition system to the entry in the navigation system, the navigation accepts the address as “29th ave west” and routes to the same place on that street. All addresses will route to same spot on 29th regardless of house number. There are multiple numbered streets this happens with, and consistently those streets. It will for instance correctly accept any address on 28th Ave NW. If any address is TYPED into navigation, it works fine. Truly a bizarre issue! Latest update added a twist in that a “navigate to...” command to certain numbered streets “smashes” house and street number together and attempts to call this ridiculous number on the phone. Completely baffled by all of this because speech recognition text clearly shows that it correctly heard both the command of “navigate to” and the address which was spoken.

I keep hoping an update will correct these seemingly related issues, but no such luck. I’m flummoxed. First year or so of ownership had no such issues. Anyone else cursed by address Gremlins?

I had had this happen to me on June 20th. I submitted a service request and they ended up saying it was a Google. issue. They submitted a change request and said it should be fixed sometime in the next month. We'll see.

I was able to get my home, work, favorites and history to stop disappearing when the car went to sleep by doing a factory reset. I still have the "navigate to" voice issue and the navigation directions sending me into town vs my home.

www.tesla.com/trips is supposed to use the same navigation database as the car and I was able to demonstrate that it has the same issue. If I type in my address and tab out of the field, it will remove my street address and just leave the city and state.

Now that I see someone else having the same issue, I'll let my service person know.