Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NC Thanks You Leilani!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a fellow North Carolinian and Tesla owner, I've followed Leilani Munter's TESLIVE presentation and posts here on this site but didn't know she played such a pivotal role in NC's ability to sell Teslas until I read it here: Tesla Woos Car-Guy Lawmakers to Counter Dealer’s Cash - Bloomberg.

It's pertinent to me since when I test drove a Tesla in Charlotte back in July 2013, I was told that was the first week Tesla was "allowed" to give test drives, let alone discuss pricing, because the NC bill that would've made Tesla sales illegal in the state was just defeated.

So Thank You Leilani!!

Awww thank you, but I certainly can't take credit for the bill failing here! I was so furious when I found out the bill passed the NC Senate that I wrote the Huffington Post article and drove to Raleigh to tell House lawmakers what a huge mistake they were making if they passed it. I didn't own my Model S yet, but I already knew I was going to get one! Very happy that (so far) they have been unsuccessful in blocking Tesla here. It is possible the bill will come back up in the spring of 2014 and if it does, I guarantee that I will be back in Raleigh to do my small part to make sure it fails. If anything is right in this country, these anti-Tesla bills that are popping up across the country will fail, and fail big. I honestly can't even believe they are around for us to have to fight in the first place - an American car being blocked from being sold in America. *SMH* :confused:

• Love
Reactions: Cowby