TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Need A Favor: Wall Charger Check

Discussion in 'Model 3: Battery & Charging' started by TM3_Jack, Jun 26, 2018.

1. TM3_Jack

TM3_Jack Member

Tesla Community,

I just got my wall charger installed at my place. I am still waiting on my Model 3. I was hoping if anyone lives near South San Jose, Ca who can help me out and allow me to charge their car?

Please feel free to PM me directly.

Thanks,

-J

2. goto10

goto10 Member

If it's any reassurance, as long as you are seeing a solid green light then you are wired correctly - it does robust checking of the circuit before powering up. Unless you just have an outright faulty unit the only issues which may be revealed when plugging into a car to charge are incorrectly set current level or insufficient wiring/breaker size, though really that should all be double/triple-checked visually before ever plugging it into a car in the first place. A car will charge just fine with wire that's too thin, but it would still be a fire hazard.

3. TM3_Jack

TM3_Jack Member

Thanks Goto10.

I got my wall charger professional install by a Tesla certified company. Everything is lit green. Just want to actually plug it in and see the what the charge rate looks like.