Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall Charger with IPhone 14

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed wall charger yesterday for my M3. The electrician took 45 minutes to install the charger and electrical connect to a 60a circuit breaker for the 48a charge ($600).
However it took me 3 hours for the charger internet connection install. Charger install manual only had a couple of pictures for the internet connect. Searched charger internet software connect and tried several approaches. In desperation I found a link to chat with Tesla support; I was dropped and had to start all over. I was finally told the new iPhone 14 does not work with the charger. Got my old iPad and connected in seconds.

Installed wall charger yesterday for my M3. The electrician took 45 minutes to install the charger and electrical connect to a 60a circuit breaker for the 48a charge ($600).
However it took me 3 hours for the charger internet connection install. Charger install manual only had a couple of pictures for the internet connect. Searched charger internet software connect and tried several approaches. In desperation I found a link to chat with Tesla support; I was dropped and had to start all over. I was finally told the new iPhone 14 does not work with the charger. Got my old iPad and connected in seconds.
Sorry, but I’m calling BS on the Tesla tech. I’ve connected mine by iPhone 14 Pro Max, no problem. Your only means of connecting is via browser. Now if you didn’t have your little pamphlet with the QR code and didn’t power cycle the WC to ensure it went into access point point, then I would imagine a lot of time would be spent. Believe I should know as I had been there.

But y’a, no the IPhone 14 works just fine.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
Try turning off cellular using airplane mode then turning on the wifi. I have 2 Gen 3 chargers they connect but it can be slow to establish. Don't forget to cycle breaker to get the charger into discovery or hold the wand button for I think 6-10 seconds to start the search process.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H