Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need a little help with MS and home wall charger.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed a pedestal and new in the box wall charger next to my car port last week. It works great on my model S with up to 48 amps but I dial it back to 32 unless needed. Here is the rub, When I go to unplug the charge cable after it is done it will not unlock from the charge port by pushing the button. I have to go in my app and tell it to unlatch, I assume I could do this in the car as well, but shouldn't I be able to do it from the Wall Charger handle ??? When I push and hold the button it cycles back on to charge again. Hit it again and I get dark blue but never lite blue to indicate unlatched...

Keep the button pressed longer. When I am removing the cable after the car is asleep, it takes a few seconds for the car to wake up, and several more to cycle thru the blue color to eventually unlock on the light blue color. Also, try pressing the button inside the charging door. Like opening the doors and allowing the window to retract slightly, it likes slow actions.