Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need a Tesla account to reserve in-store?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

erthquake

Mar 16, 2016
California
Do you think the stores will make us log into our Tesla.com accounts to reserve in-store on the 31st? I'm asking because I use a password manager, and I'd rather not have to log into my manager on one of their computers in order to log into my Tesla account. If so, I'll just change my password the night before to something that I can commit to memory.

Although this is pure speculation, it would make a lot of sense to use Tesla accounts for this process (how else would you do it)? I created a Tesla account for this, and if it is the case you need one, one would hope Tesla employees would tell line-goers to create one before getting up to the front, in order to speed things along.

Note creating an account is a one-step process that requires only your name, email, and password - no payment info, no address, and not even a username. So I'd imagine anyone without a phone that can't do it in line will just create one at the reservation computer.