Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need advice on 2016 Tesla Model S 60 4dr midyear release

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Honestly, I would say not at all. You can get much more for the same price (granted you would look either CPO or used private market). Plus you are going to deal with a huge chunk of the depreciation value in the next 1-2 years.

Now if you are so certain on having AP2.0 then go ahead. However, I don't think AP2.0 will be useful not until the next 2 years or so.

So you could buy an AP1 car, then 2-3 years from now sell that one and upgrade to an AP2 car when full autonomy is out there and working. Plus who knows if there will be like AP3.0 for all we know in 3 years.

Looks like a very good deal to me. We just got a new inventory S 75 with AP2, air suspension and the 1.49% financing. Love it. I really prefer the AP2 because even if the EAP is not fully implemented for a year or 2, some of the 8 cameras and 12 sensors should be brought on line which should improve safety and AP functions. Welcome to the family. You are doing your research and will enjoy whatever decision you make.

Looks like an awesome deal. I don't know where people get the idea that you can get an AP1 CPO for a song. It's simply not true. Looking on ev-cpo, only a handful of AP1 cars have ever sold for less than $60K and they each had a lot more than 2K miles. If you decide you don't want this deal, kindly PM me the contact info for the seller.