Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need advise! 2014 model s p85

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello people. I'm new here thinking about buying a 2014 tesla model s p85 for low price $10k. The battery and the drive unit has been replace at 70k and the car is at 145k right now. The range is at 245miles at 95% rated. The mcu has been replaced 2 years ago and the connectivity has been upgraded to LTE. Also comes wiht free supercharging. The front brakes and rotors has been replaced a year ago. Same with tires. The only issue is the warning light park assist unavailable. What do you think am i getting a good deal? I'll be using this car for work and dropping off my kid to school which is 10-15 miles a day. Please share your opinion and thank you.

Hello people. I'm new here thinking about buying a 2014 tesla model s p85 for low price $10k. The battery and the drive unit has been replace at 70k and the car is at 145k right now. The range is at 245miles at 95% rated. The mcu has been replaced 2 years ago and the connectivity has been upgraded to LTE. Also comes wiht free supercharging. The front brakes and rotors has been replaced a year ago. Same with tires. The only issue is the warning light park assist unavailable. What do you think am i getting a good deal? I'll be using this car for work and dropping off my kid to school which is 10-15 miles a day. Please share your opinion and thank you.
Sounds good, especially if you’ve had a chance to drive it for a week. But I would check to ensure that the free supercharging for life is really included. Maybe he can show you the purchase docs from when he bought it that say so. I have an ‘18 Model S that has free supercharging for life, but it is not transferable if I sell it. That may be different for earlier years.

Upvote 0
Even if the free supercharging won’t convey, it still seems like one heck of a deal. With your primary driving of only around 15 miles a day, supercharging is hardly worth consideration unless you want to go on a long road trip. Otherwise, a level 2 charger in your garage (if you have one) should be able to handle all your needs.

Upvote 0

The $10k price is unusually, almost suspiciously, low. The miles are on the high side but I would think even CarMax, Carvana, etc. would offer as much or more. Has the seller acknowledged that they are selling at a very low price and if so, why they are looking to sell it so cheap?

Upvote 0
$10k? Is it stolen? Salvage title? 800,000 miles on it? Something’s not adding up.
Hahaha and it's all legit. He owns a business next to where I work. This was his wife car until he bought her model x p100 in 2018 and now his selling that also He let me drove it for about a week. Clean title and 145k miles.
I had that same year and model. Since you know the owner and the car I would buy it in a heartbeat. Good luck!!

Sounds good, especially if you’ve had a chance to drive it for a week. But I would check to ensure that the free supercharging for life is really included. Maybe he can show you the purchase docs from when he bought it that say so. I have an ‘18 Model S that has free supercharging for life, but it is not transferable if I sell it. That may be different for earlier years.

Sounds good, especially if you’ve had a chance to drive it for a week. But I would check to ensure that the free supercharging for life is really included. Maybe he can show you the purchase docs from when he bought

The $10k price is unusually, almost suspiciously, low. The miles are on the high side but I would think even CarMax, Carvana, etc. would offer as much or more. Has the seller acknowledged that they are selling at a very low price and if so, why they are looking to sell it so cheap?
I know the seller and he is willing to sell it to me for that price but for other people much higher.

Upvote 0
Im in the market for a used model s too- and I think this is an amazing deal. Even if there are issues, whatever you put in it will allow you to keep the car for longer. I’d buy it and not look back. ( but then again, I’m not an owner yet and I’m sick of dealing with dealerships lol)

Reactions: IdaX
Upvote 0