Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need help finding trunk storage bin with lids for Fremont MYLR July 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Either Tesla changed the specs again or qc is horrible since the recommendations I’ve found for trunk storage bins with lids do not fit.

Or the Chinese manufacturers have bad qc and won’t fit.

Hoping for someone who has found one which fits so I don’t have to find one through trial and error.

The lids fit but the plastic insert does not.

OtriFowd Latest Version 2023 2022 Tesla Model Y Rear Trunk Organizer Storage Boxes with Lids, Side Storage Protector Packets, Storage Bins for Model Y (5-Seater) Interior Accessories https://a.co/d/5YBfJ1Y

Quality is on better than the Tesla ones, cheaper, and actually fit. Purchased for my June 2023 Fremont MY. There was a change made to that area in late 2022

OtriFowd Latest Version 2023 2022 Tesla Model Y Rear Trunk Organizer Storage Boxes with Lids, Side Storage Protector Packets, Storage Bins for Model Y (5-Seater) Interior Accessories https://a.co/d/5YBfJ1Y

Quality is on better than the Tesla ones, cheaper, and actually fit. Purchased for my June 2023 Fremont MY. There was a change made to that area in late 2022
Right side does not fit for me. I might reorder another one and see if it is a Tesla or OtriFowd QC issue.

I did have to really push down on the bottom for it to fit, but works great. Mistakenly purchased the Tesla ones first which absolutely did not fit
I’ll give it another go in the morning. Does your left one fit perfectly? Mine has slight gaps I can live with but slightly annoying considering the price point.

I’m honestly fine with just the lids. Unfortunately they aren’t sold separately. I mainly bought these because I got tired of things falling in.

I’ll give it another go in the morning. Does your left one fit perfectly? Mine has slight gaps I can live with but slightly annoying considering the price point.

I’m honestly fine with just the lids. Unfortunately they aren’t sold separately. I mainly bought these because I got tired of things falling in.
Left one did pop in easier but still had to push on the bottom to make it fit 100%. For the right one, just push the bottom pretty firmly in each corner. Also, going to assume to bought the ones specifically for the 2022-2023 MY

Left one did pop in easier but still had to push on the bottom to make it fit 100%. For the right one, just push the bottom pretty firmly in each corner. Also, going to assume to bought the ones specifically for the 2022-2023 MY
They should be unless I clicked on the wrong one by accident. I’ll give everything another try/double-check my order in the morning.

Who knows, maybe I made a mistake or the manufacturer did or even someone swapped it out and this was an Amazon return.

Either Tesla changed the specs again or qc is horrible since the recommendations I’ve found for trunk storage bins with lids do not fit.

Or the Chinese manufacturers have bad qc and won’t fit.

Hoping for someone who has found one which fits so I don’t have to find one through trial and error.

The lids fit but the plastic insert does not.
I got mine from amazon, I had to push it in to fit very snugly.

I purchased and returned a few different sets before finding these which fit perfectly in my June built 2023 MYLR. Amazon.com
I’ll give it a go and compare to what everyone recommends.
I got mine from amazon, I had to push it in to fit very snugly.
the second set fit. First did not for some reason no matter how hard I pushed. The dimensions were simply slightly off.

I’ve ordered a few different ones now just to see.

1. The left and right storage space are not the same size.

2. I don’t think any manufacturers measured the storage space since each left and right bin I tested varied in size.

3. Tesla doesn’t care about making the storage space the same dimensions thus minor variations when assembling can throw off making the bins fit. Especially since I don’t think the manufacturers measured the storage space.

I’m curious how Tesla oem bins compare but website varies between saying it will fit or not fit when I select the accessory.

Reactions: Lumpydog