Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need new 20" (245/40 20) tire recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a P85DL. Originally I had the 21" wheels with the original (ContiSilent?) tires that came with them, and the grip was incredible. I switched to 20" wheels after some bad experiences and I went a little cheap and got the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 (245/40ZR20). The UTQG is 560 AA A. I definitely noticed it has a bit less grip, however that was expected for a tire that was supposed to last 50,000 miles.

Well I'm 10k-12k miles onto this set of tires, and I'm just getting to the tread wear bars. So I think I'm going to need to get a new set, and if I'm only going to get 10k or so miles on a set of tires I'd rather get ones with a bit more grip.

I live in Atlanta, so lots of rain but not much else in terms of ice/snow.

Any suggestions for tires of this size?

Most major manufactures have a prorated mileage warranty. I bet Continental has something on those tires you bought.
Trade them in for the ExtremeContact Sport tires that are getting a ton of good press.

Those PS4S should have one since the SuperSports they replaced had a 30,000 mile warranty for a square set.

Dont drive with these in the winter

Note: Tires exposed to temperatures of 20 degrees F (-7 degrees C) or lower must be permitted to gradually return to temperatures of at least 40 degrees F (5 degrees C) for at least 24 hours before they are flexed in any manner, such as by adjusting inflation pressures, mounting them on wheels or using them to support, roll or drive a vehicle.

Flexing of the specialized rubber compounds used in Max Performance Summer tires during cold-weather use can result in irreversible compound cracking. Compound cracking is not a warrantable condition because it occurs as the result of improper use or storage, tires exhibiting compound cracking must be replaced.