Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

need new tires - should I get ps4s for my aero wheels or upgrade to 20"?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, this question has probably been asked before, if so, sorry...

I need new tires on my m3p. I have the 18" aero wheels. I live in LA and want to get summer tires. Do you all think it is better to get PS4 tires for my aero wheels, or is it worth the extra money to get the 20" wheel and tire upgrade from Tesla?

I want the ride to be as sporty as possible and am willing to lose some range. Do the 20" wheels and tires make a big difference?

Thanks!
As many have mentioned the 20" wheels from Tesla are a bad deal. Your better off going with à forged 19" set with the PS4s. It'll cost less, get better range and give you a better ride.

In Europe, the OEM for 18" Aero is Michelin PS4 235/45 ZR18 98Y T0 Acoustic.

Has anyone driven with a non TO Acoustic summer tire? How much louder or worse were vibrations? The PS4S 18s aren't TO, only the 20s from the M3P. I might just get the PS4 TO from Europe that TR sells in the US.

My snow tires weren't acoustic, but they are louder anyway due to tread pattern, etc. But I found them to be quiet (especially compared to my old Subarus).

I have a related question. I am configuring my M3P and deciding between:
- M3P- (just Aeros)
- or M3P+ (performance upgrade with 20” PS4s, track mode, etc.)

In winter we get a few ‘just freezing’ mornings but no snow.
I can not really afford the M3P+ and a set of winter tyres and rims.

Thoughts ?

I have a related question. I am configuring my M3P and deciding between:
- M3P- (just Aeros)
- or M3P+ (performance upgrade with 20” PS4s, track mode, etc.)

In winter we get a few ‘just freezing’ mornings but no snow.
I can not really afford the M3P+ and a set of winter tyres and rims.

Thoughts ?
You can't use summer tires under 40 degF (4 degC). Based on average temps it looks like NZ rarely gets that cold. I'd go with the M3P+. You get a lot more and the resale will be higher (people will want the extras). I would eventually get aftermarket 18" w/ summer tires and winter tires for even better performance.

• Informative
Reactions: T3SLA3