Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need some serious help with my charging issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wish more people would know this and they don't go crazy trying to troubleshoot, it's not an easy thing to troubleshoot, I was blaming on, Charger, Outlet, Electrician, Adaptor, The Actual Car, never once I was thinking about the 3rd part app. Oh well. it's better late than never.

No problem, it’s human nature to want to trust
But no

Just remember, when it feels wrong it probably is
3rd party apps accessing your transportation vehicle and controls…
We like to trust, but even focusing on safety, reliability, etc, you can only trust Tesla
in this case

We have the same issue. But, we have two homes where we charge the Tesla and both are set up differently. We have a Nema 14-50 with an extension cord at one house, and a Nema 14-50 with the Juicebox at our other home. The car has the same issue at either location. The car will charge, stop, charge, and I will get five messages from the Tesla app telling me the time and percent/mileage that the car is at.

I have to restart the charge from the app on occasion, or go out to the car and try to get it to charge again. This is for a Sept 2022 build.

We have another car that we plug in, so we didn't want to go with the hardwired Tesla unit.
There's no particular reason to think that using a Tesla wall connector would act differently, anyway. First step, change your Tesla password to ensure that all third party control is eliminated as a cause. Also tell us about scheduling (if any) you've set in the car or the Juicebox. Also, identify the plug-in EVSE you're using at the other house. I'm guessing it's probably a Tesla mobile connector, but you didn't actually say.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H