Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need some serious help with my charging issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I currently have this one.

20230517_154226.jpg

i went T gen 3 hardwired, 2x, and they are amazing, if I went 14-50, I would have used the Hubbell, alot of advice on the internet for using industrial grade outlets, seems electricians don't understand 5-8 hours of full 32/40 amps of continuous use and the need for industrial grade, no Leviton
also, the wires need to be torqued down, good luck

Reactions: drdumont
i went T gen 3 hardwired, 2x, and they are amazing, if I went 14-50, I would have used the Hubbell, alot of advice on the internet for using industrial grade outlets, seems electricians don't understand 5-8 hours of full 32/40 amps of continuous use and the need for industrial grade, no Leviton
also, the wires need to be torqued down, good luck
Yup, my friend had his juicebox hardware, never an issue.. if I knew this trouble, I would've gone hardwired. I thought plug ins, I can easily change to another EV charger brand if there are problems.

Last edited:

davewill - one is $10, other is $90... i don't get it.​

There is not always a one-to-one correspondence between quality and price. The Hubbell is the cream of the crop, and is the outlet of choice here. The Leviton outlets have had so many failures reported on here, that nobody should use them.

If you want to know more that anyone should, visit the master thread on the subject: Master Thread: Definitive 14-50 NEMA Outlet Guide

Yup, my friend had his juicebox hardware, never an issue.. if I knew this trouble, I would've gone hardwired. I thought plug ins, I can easily change to another EV charger brand if there are problems.
Hardwired units done correctly are fine. Plug in units can be fine, wired properly and of good quality. A major source of wear is constant plugging and unplugging. With a little time and heat, the sockets can lose their temper, and they no longer make good contact. So they heat more. And lose more temper and make worse contact. Rinse and repeat.