Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need Tire Suggestions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d appreciate suggestions for tire replacements for MYLR 19” wheels / all season.
Costco suggests Michelin Pilot All Season 4 which can be ordered with the foam insert
that the Continentals come with. Rating is for 45,000 miles.
Any thoughts ?

I have a very late 21 (1 week before they called it a 22) and I drive for a living. My oem tires lasted 8k miles in NH…no lie. I got General Altimax tires. Rated 70k, way better in snow than the Continentals they replaced and I got 30k on them now. They pretty much need to be replaced after 30k but they were cheap and I should get around 50% off my next set due to the warranty. I hope this helps!

I’d appreciate suggestions for tire replacements for MYLR 19” wheels / all season.
Costco suggests Michelin Pilot All Season 4 which can be ordered with the foam insert
that the Continentals come with. Rating is for 45,000 miles.
Any thoughts ?
A similar discussion on another thread which may give you more options.

The Michelin Pilot Sport AS 4 is popular (this tire now comes on the Performance Model Y in 21")
Also consider the Michelin Crossclimate 2 (available for the 19" Tesla Model Y).

Vredestein (a tire brand name that is unfamiliar to many in the US) has a reputation for good value tires, especially winter tires in Europe. The Vredestein Quatrac Pro All Season tire is available for the Tesla Model Y in 19" and 20" sizes to fit the Gemini and Induction wheels. The Quatrac Pro All Season performs extremely well in wet driving conditions, a good all season tire (perhaps not quite as good as the CC2 in snow). The Quatrac Pro costs about 1/3rd less than these other tires so 4 for the price of 3 of the other brands. (May be out of stock at Tirerack.com; Discounttires.com does offer the Vredestein Quatrac Pro even if not listed on the Discount Tire web site.)

Most prefer tires without the foam liner due to major tire chains, other retailers not be willing to repair tires that have the foam liner. The reason is not always given. It does add additional time and labor to repair a tire that has the foam liner. Some tire centers have recently been claiming that with some tires with the foam liner that have been repaired the repairs have failed.

Last edited:
I sold the factory tires on my 2022 MY and replaced them with ‘all weather’ Michelin Cross Climate 2’s. No more seasonal tire changing. Very happy with their dry, rain and snow performance. Bonus is they look great.

Attachments

• BA6DCBB3-4E5A-4746-92BC-3DE9D235B3DB.jpeg
    BA6DCBB3-4E5A-4746-92BC-3DE9D235B3DB.jpeg
    641 KB · Views: 95
Haven’t properly tracked the effect on range. First 13,000km of my 16,000km were on the factory tires. Mostly back road country drives with one 6,000km trip to our east coast. The 3,000km on the CC2’s have been in fall and winter conditions. I’d read in my research to expect less than a 2% reduction in range. This feels about right. More than happy with this type of trade off for the performance and convenience. Probably saved myself about $3,000 by not going the second set of tire route.