Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model Y replacement tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
Sorry if this was asked before.
Are the Michellin PS all-season 4 tires fine to replace the tires that came with the car? These are from Costco. Per them, these are EV compatible so assuming it will not deteriorate range. And hopefully will improve ride quality which is bone rattling in the 21 model.

I believe the stock tires are Continental. Tesla service is quoting more.

Hi,
Sorry if this was asked before.
Are the Michellin PS all-season 4 tires fine to replace the tires that came with the car? These are from Costco. Per them, these are EV compatible so assuming it will not deteriorate range. And hopefully will improve ride quality which is bone rattling in the 21 model.

I believe the stock tires are Continental. Tesla service is quoting more.
I replaced my 20" OEM Goodyears with MPS AS4's and just replaced those after 24K miles. The AS4's are great tires but you'll take a substantial range hit (10% approx.) for the first 2K or so, slowly improving to 'til around the 10K mark and leveling off but never as good as the OEM's. Regardless, I took several long trips here out West through the mountains and range was still not a problem even in remote locations.

Upvote 0
There are plenty of threads about this, so perhaps instead of apologizing maybe do a quick search? Here are a few -

Upvote 0