Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone running 275s in the front?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A custom wheel manufacture suggested I run 275/40/21 front and back, (same-ish overall height / circumference as stock, so speedo shouldn't be too far off).

Now I'm having my doubts as I've read that the stock Continental CrossContact LX Sports run a bit narrow, and my tire of choice, Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4, run a bit fat/wide.

Oh and will be lowered via lowering links so my "low" is actually a "very low", if not lower. Also have rear camber arms to install to correct the neg camber, btw.

I couldn't find how wide tyres the '22 refresh on stock wheels can take without rubbing. I don't care so much about looks, but hate rubbingg against the curbs so thinking a phatter tyre would help. Aesthetically wider rear feels good too so I wouldn't necessarily opt to go square.

Wheel rep got back to me and assured me the 275s would fit and not rub in front, even if lowered.

I'll be running a custom offset for max poke/concavity while also not sticking outside of the wheel well. Dunno what the offset is, I don't think they advertise it, hopefully it'll be stamped on the wheel though.

Should know more here in a couple weeks hopefully once they arrive.

Reactions: Tiger
I run 285's all around. With N2itive links. Though I do have 3mm spacers.

zWYHtr6h.jpg

rPUkCAkh.jpg

FQanzVNh.jpg

RadHlDmh.jpg

60bg5Lfh.jpg

kyNm6s0h.jpg

• Love
Reactions: towndrunk
I don't get the need for lowering links. I run stock low with adjustable camber and toe arms. Your car doesn't look much lower than mine....couldn't someone run on very low if they wanted to? Like what's the benefit I'm missing

I don't get the need for lowering links. I run stock low with adjustable camber and toe arms. Your car doesn't look much lower than mine....couldn't someone run on very low if they wanted to? Like what's the benefit I'm missing

Your tires are taller than mine. I wanted to run wider and more low profile. The half inch difference in height would show a lot more with stock links. If we measure our cars you would see mine is definitely lower (bodywise) to the ground.

Reactions: Nizzore
Not having to go into the suspension settings each time I drive the car and manually having to select Very Low. Yes, a very #1stWorldProlems sorta thing for sure. :)