Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need to sell my new model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With a Supercharger location in the Boca Raton area at DelRay Beach and a Supercharger coming to Boca Raton this year I don't see how having only 110 at home is a problem. I'd make it a habit of plugging in whenever your car is at home. I would consider the Model 3, which I have myself, a mid-sized car. Given depreciation etc, I would take another look at the financials to decide if it's worth selling it right now.

If the real reason is that you can't afford to keep it, that's cool - just say so. We won't judge!

If you math it out, and account for the expenses of paying sales tax on buying a different car, plus the cost of gasoline, I think you'll find the 3 to be even easier to afford. You just have to look at it the right way.

Prior to my 3, I had an '11 Challenger R/T for 3 years. And I figured out that its car payment + gasoline ($200-$250 per month for me!) was slightly more expensive than my Model 3 payment + electricity. Advantage - Tesla! :)

And as someone else mentioned about the guy living in a condo and maybe he couldn't change the power outlets, that wouldn't slow me down in the least, I'd have that place wired up my way real quick.

Prior to my current residence, I lived with my wife in a second floor apartment in a complex. Our cars were parked right outside our windows, but down a floor. I spoke to the apartment manager about running a power cord out the window when my Tesla arrived, but they were all worried about safety issues, people tripping on it (no one should be walking in that 10 foot area in the first place, but still) and other such nonsense.

I would have offered a cash bribe to shut her up, but by that time I'd found a different place to live where I could install the power lines my way, so we did that.