Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEMA 14-50 adapter question - only for recent June deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I have a Model 3 which came with a NEMA 14-50 adapter, but I understand at some point Tesla stopped including the adapter with Model 3s and Ys, and only included the the 5-15 adapters. My question: for anyone who took delivery of their Model Y this month (June), is that still the case, or has Tesla resumed including the 14-50 adapter?

Hi,

I have a Model 3 which came with a NEMA 14-50 adapter, but I understand at some point Tesla stopped including the adapter with Model 3s and Ys, and only included the the 5-15 adapters. My question: for anyone who took delivery of their Model Y this month (June), is that still the case, or has Tesla resumed including the 14-50 adapter?

I took delivery of my Model Y yesterday and did not receive a 14-50 adapter.

• Helpful
Reactions: Bentesling
Yeah a 14-50 adapter would be worthless for many customers, it doesn't make sense to include it IMO. The only issue is how the 14-50 is often out of stock, luckily I ordered one months ago.

My problem is that I still need to get the service installed at my house though.

My major concern was it being out of stock, so I’ll keep my old Adapter plug when I trade in to be on the safe side.

Would be nice if they had a bunch of items to up sell you upon pickup, namely charging adapters, garage door opener, and floor mats. I don’t mind the minor extra costs for those of us who need adapter plugs, etc. it’s the hassle of waiting months for certain items To get back in stock, or those eBay hoarders who buy up entire lots every time Tesla releases more stock.

I’ve got the info I need now, thanks everyone.

Reactions: qdeathstar
My major concern was it being out of stock, so I’ll keep my old Adapter plug when I trade in to be on the safe side.

Would be nice if they had a bunch of items to up sell you upon pickup, namely charging adapters, garage door opener, and floor mats. I don’t mind the minor extra costs for those of us who need adapter plugs, etc. it’s the hassle of waiting months for certain items To get back in stock, or those eBay hoarders who buy up entire lots every time Tesla releases more stock.

I’ve got the info I need now, thanks everyone.

yea, upselling was my mine point. They could charge more for them

I find it ironic that people are asking for Tesla to up sell to them at the time of delivery. One of the biggest benefits to the direct to customer sales model, is that you don't have to deal with a sales person trying to sell you on x y and z when all you want to do is pick your new car up.

• Love
Reactions: kevin1 and ra88it
It's my first Tesla and I got lucky that the guy next to use asked me the same question... did I get the 14-50 adapter. We both looked for it and it was not included. I was also fortunate that they had it in stock. Saved me the hassle of trying to get one asap.