TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Never got data sharing option

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by fseir, May 20, 2018.

1. fseir

fseir Member

Anyone else never receive the 14.1 data sharing request in their M3? I’m on 14.13, and I’d love to contribute to the cause, but haven’t been given the option. Maybe they’re just not ready to roll this out in some locations? Or they’re only polling a percentage of M3 owners? Or maybe I clicked through it and never saw it? I doubt the latter, as I’m pretty OCD with firmware upgrade notes! :p

Tesla invites Model 3 owners to share data from Autopilot cameras in FSD push

2. jamnmon66

jamnmon66 Member

My wife is out in our M3 but I'm pretty sure it's in the settings in the car. If I'm remembering correclty then mine was on by default.

3. Lake

Lake Member

On by default. You can turn off in settings. I was never prompted after the update.

• Informative x 1
  4. jamnmon66

jamnmon66 Member

Probably something to check after every update if it's important to you.

• Like x 1
  5. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Supporting Member

I was prompted when I turned on Autopilot at the delivery center. Of course, I got my car after the feature was baked in rather than getting it via OTA, so I can't speak to how it behaves for earlier cars.

• Informative x 1
  6. fseir

fseir Member

Really? If true, that’s an interesting choice by Tesla, from a privacy standpoint. Not that I’m bothered by it, but I could see how that might rub some folks the wrong way.

7. fseir

fseir Member

You’re right. It was on by default, under safety and security > gear icon > data sharing.

7736A635-26BE-4FD9-8CBE-949D95129192.jpeg