Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Never seen solar install falling apart, so fast in 1 week new. [trim / skirting]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never seen this before or even heard of it ( except fox news)
But in 1 week, its started to fall apart , "without any weather event."

Wonder , how will it fair after a weather event ???

All other videos i have seen, solar panels staying put, even after a weather event.

So judging by the overall quality of work, this will not more than a few years... and can be easily blamed on weather, when it may be due to poor install.
Who will be responsible for fixing costs next time ? This time i am lucky that i did not pay tesla anything so far.

Attachments

• 20210919_101830.jpg
    20210919_101830.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 145
A screw is loose- I'd call the national news networks, this is an industry first...

This OP certainly isnt the first, nor will be the last, to have "some issue" with tesla, then start other threads attempting to shame or discredit them. Im not sure how many would consider a skirt on a panel as "system falling apart", but its fairly obvious the OP is frustrated with tesla in general, so everything is magnified.

Short story is
Order Solar in April
. Tesla approved design with solaredge due to shading issues
Tesla changed inverter to Tesla Inc
I requested 3 strings for shading
They agreed , but They installed only 2
They asked payment.
I have refused
Stalemate now....

Yes. I am frustrated with tesla in general .That is true. That should not change the below facts

As mentioned in their doc, it should be able to withstand wind of 115 miles.
I think they mean everything, including the skirts, and not limited to panels only. I am not sure , why the skirts should be less rigid, as people are pointing out.

I am not sure, if 1 screw is expected to give the above grade of strength.
I am thinking , a one screw design, as suggested above is not an adequate design for 115 miles of wind
I am thinking that , they probably they did not put in many screws , not just one failed screw.

I am truly shocked this happened on its own , in 1 weeks time.
People can blame me , all they want , but its just reflecting poor delivery of work
I heard people badmouth solar installs. This issue is bad installers, not solar itself
Now people are blaming the customers....

BTW i own T car and own T stock too.
I am Elan uncle's big fan, and i believe the T car is the only game in town, and it extends its lead every year over others.
I am also excited about the T inverts
Not sure, that will change any facts ....

Last edited:
A screw is loose- I'd call the national news networks, this is an industry first...
I cant image only one screw is at fault here.
If its only one screw, then this is expected to happn, it's a matter of time
Yes. There is one channel were i have exactly heard these stories , how solar is bad....and will cause damage to roof , leak etc
But its not that solar itself is bad. some solar installs can be bad....

You did not answer the question, if this was causes by 50 miles wind, who was supposed to pay for the repair . The homeowner or Tesla ???
What if both screws were to fail at 75 miles wind and the skirt would fly into a window ???

I cant image only one screw is at fault here.
If its only one screw, then this is expected to happn, it's a matter of time
Yes. There is one channel were i have exactly heard these stories , how solar is bad....and will cause damage to roof , leak etc
But its not that solar itself is bad. some solar installs can be bad....

You did not answer the question, if this was causes by 50 miles wind, who was supposed to pay for the repair . The homeowner or Tesla ???
What if both screws were to fail at 75 miles wind and the skirt would fly into a window ???
It looks like they installed the skirt and one side was not buttoned down. This isn't a flat earth conspiracy, you are overthinking this so hard there seems to be tin foil involved...

• Funny
Reactions: SO16
(moderator note)

I am going to lock this thread for a bit. As a reminder, we do allow people to post their frustrations here on TMC, but by the same token we also allow responses that might disagree with the position of those frustrations.

For the OP, the thread title, intimating that a loose skirt is "system falling apart", from the outside seems somewhat sensationalized, which will draw the types of responses that have been made. Nothing wrong with being frustrated, or posting about it, but I am somewhat explaining the response you are seeing.

I will unlock the thread later.

Status
Not open for further replies.