Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 20'' Two-Tone Slipstream Wheel Option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Done.

Wow the kit had tons of extra's

The Wet method just didn't work for me at all. I used the lubricant that Xpel recommended which is the same stuff you use for Clay Bar.

It just wouldn't stick enough around the valve stem.

It was WAY easier doing it with wheels off, highly recommended even though it is doable on the car.
I just stacked 4 wheels and rotated them.

I could thoroughly clean the backs of the wheels that the PPF has to stick to when you fold it over.

I had heat blasting in the garage even though it was 55F out. Garage got up to 75F.
Wheels were still cool so I warmed them up a bit more with a hair dryer.

The valve stems are tricky. I think I used two pieces on everyone.

After I was done I hit it with the hair dryer again so they would conform a little.
When I did that you could see a few bubbles pop up that I ironed out.

Also heated and inspected the back. Probably 1/3 of them needed work on the back side so that dirt didn't get under them.

Looks a lot better doing all wheels on a side, before I only tried one wheel.

Looks really good from a distance. Looks a little odd close up, mostly because I know it and know every imperfection.

One thing that is tricky is every other spoke is the same, there are even and odd spokes and lays slightly different on the two.

49659613158_2bdfc3d0e5_k_d.jpg

Just noticed that the "Two-Tone Slipstream" wheels are no longer a selectable option in the Model X configurator. It joins "Sonic Carbon" and "Helix" as discontinued options.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 11.46.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 11.46.52 AM.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 95
Done.

Wow the kit had tons of extra's

The Wet method just didn't work for me at all. I used the lubricant that Xpel recommended which is the same stuff you use for Clay Bar.

It just wouldn't stick enough around the valve stem.

It was WAY easier doing it with wheels off, highly recommended even though it is doable on the car.
I just stacked 4 wheels and rotated them.

I could thoroughly clean the backs of the wheels that the PPF has to stick to when you fold it over.

I had heat blasting in the garage even though it was 55F out. Garage got up to 75F.
Wheels were still cool so I warmed them up a bit more with a hair dryer.

The valve stems are tricky. I think I used two pieces on everyone.

After I was done I hit it with the hair dryer again so they would conform a little.
When I did that you could see a few bubbles pop up that I ironed out.

Also heated and inspected the back. Probably 1/3 of them needed work on the back side so that dirt didn't get under them.

Looks a lot better doing all wheels on a side, before I only tried one wheel.

Looks really good from a distance. Looks a little odd close up, mostly because I know it and know every imperfection.

One thing that is tricky is every other spoke is the same, there are even and odd spokes and lays slightly different on the two.

49659613158_2bdfc3d0e5_k_d.jpg
Looks great.
What is the "Xpel recommended lubircant"? I just bought the kit as well and want to benefit from your recommendation. THANKS!