Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"New" 2023 with less warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dude, get over yourself already and just let it go. We are NOT CONCERNED with your definition of "USED". There is only one LEGAL definition here (in the U.S) w/r/t Tesla selling cars -- and that's "NEW" and UNTITLED cars (which includes inventory and demo/service/showroom/loaner cars), and "USED" which have been sold and titled to someone else first. Tesla makes it very clear what you are buying. There is no deceit, shadyness, nor hand waving here. That's it.

If you don't like it, that's fine, but your definition is still completely meaningless in this context.
There is a HUGE distinction between a car that has been USED by anyone vs one that is fresh off of Teslas line. You can pretend like there is no distinction and I'm happy for you. That is called a coping mechanism, and it is a tool that you can use. Like how an ostrich sticks his head in the sand. MANY people care if the car has been used and aren't ok with getting a nominal discount. You are cool with it. That is why Tesla MUST disclose it as a "demo". This is hilarious.

• Disagree
Reactions: ucmndd
What's hilarious is you absolutely continue to completely miss my point.

And you can stop with the passive-aggressive, thinly veiled ad-hominem attacks.
Nobody missed anything. Your point is irrelevant and has nothing to do with how Tesla terms and prices Demos. There is obviously a market for it, so don't feel bad. To your point, I don't know if your demo was just a showroom display or if it got abused by Elon himself; I just know it was used

There is no such law, and the Tesla new vehicle warranty states explicitly when it starts.

View attachment 1050506
Yeah Tesla will see if they can adjust it, but at the end of the day, the 19km used on it to move it from offsite storage to the lot, and loss of 4 months of warranty, was worth spending ~30,000 less to buy a plaid. We wanted 6 seats and blue metallic paint, and the price of the regular long range with those options was more than this plaid one.

I'll chalk it up to misunderstanding the reps, or them misunderstanding me. Very happy with purchase regardless.

Reactions: Jangy