Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New batch of invites 4/10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
any aero wheel orders get their vin yet?
According to the spreadsheet all six who ordered Silver Metallic, one Red and one Blue.

BTW, almost everyone who configured Aero on 6th April haven't got VINs either. Once they get theirs, ours will be next.

But, looks like the VIN assignments have slowed down.

TeslaVins.PNG

Reactions: nogajim
I'm guessing us 4/10s invite/configurees that picked aero wheels get our cars after the restart.
I am in that group. I think I will get a VIN during the first week of May and get the car by May 19th. Just my SWAG. Coincidentally, the 19th is my wife's B-day. Wouldn't that be nice. After all, she will be driving it during the week.

Reactions: Amit519 and nogajim
What option did you go with? Did you order?

I'm holding out for the AWD. I prefer that option, and it buys me a little time. I'll be honest, I am a bit skittish on the key issue. I am hoping they have it a lot more resolved before AWD begins shipments.

In addition to having a wife who works ICU, I also have a 5 year old boy. If it is bad weather, then I really don't want to be fooling around with the phone / card while he stands around. I'll make sure that when he is traveling with me that I am well prepared for any scenario.

I'm holding out for the AWD. I prefer that option, and it buys me a little time. I'll be honest, I am a bit skittish on the key issue. I am hoping they have it a lot more resolved before AWD begins shipments.

In addition to having a wife who works ICU, I also have a 5 year old boy. If it is bad weather, then I really don't want to be fooling around with the phone / card while he stands around. I'll make sure that when he is traveling with me that I am well prepared for any scenario.

I understand your concern and get it!
My wife has the all wheel drive model x. We have bought several awd vehicles over the years. Obviously you appreciate what awd can do.

I get your concern with a 5 yr old and your wife. I am sure and hopeful the phone key issue will be resolved. It can be a bit of a inconvenience but I am really trying to adapt to the current scenario. I do get into the car regardless. I just pull the phone out and open the app and then unlock the car when it does not work. You might want to do this as a habit if your son is along. Not assume the car is going to open for you every time. That way one less thing to worry about. This obviously should not be a deal breaker though for you and your family.

The app itself is really great otherwise that phone key is currently tied into.

Tesla does listen and recently has fixed auto pilot (giving use easier access while driving) and the vampire drain. We did get the model x flatbed so now I can state we are in the flatbed club. But customer service was great.

We both are very happy with the purchases in the end.