Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Brunswick third party device centres, which ones have you used?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need to do a wheel alignment, I have an error code. Though the wheels look straight, the steering wheel needs to be at 2 o'clock to drive straight. In Fredericton, it's over 400km and 4 hours to get to Halifax, the closest official service centre. Alignment is something that should be checked at lest very year, so there must be mechanics who will do it. But who should I use?

Probably related, the traction control and TACC don't work and have error codes. i slid the back wheel into a curb on a traffic circle, going under 30 kph. There was no snowbank at the time, just icy. hit at about a 90 degree angle, perpendicular to the wheel. No impact to the front wheel, so I don't know how alignment is out unless that rear drive wheel is malfunctioning. I can still drive 100 so it's unlikely the motor stopped functioning entirely. Without any regen braking (no error code) energy use is up a lot, like double. I can't drive as efficiently as cruise control, not sure which hurts energy more. I hope the brake isn't on a bit all the time.

Need to do a wheel alignment, I have an error code. Though the wheels look straight, the steering wheel needs to be at 2 o'clock to drive straight. In Fredericton, it's over 400km and 4 hours to get to Halifax, the closest official service centre. Alignment is something that should be checked at lest very year, so there must be mechanics who will do it. But who should I use?

Probably related, the traction control and TACC don't work and have error codes. i slid the back wheel into a curb on a traffic circle, going under 30 kph. There was no snowbank at the time, just icy. hit at about a 90 degree angle, perpendicular to the wheel. No impact to the front wheel, so I don't know how alignment is out unless that rear drive wheel is malfunctioning. I can still drive 100 so it's unlikely the motor stopped functioning entirely. Without any regen braking (no error code) energy use is up a lot, like double. I can't drive as efficiently as cruise control, not sure which hurts energy more. I hope the brake isn't on a bit all the time.
I have no idea what a "third party device centres" is but any shop that does alignments should be able to check and correct. The suspension is no different than any other car, other than using the cheapest ball joints known to man.

But with your other problems and codes I wouldn't expect just an alignment to correct them.

Upvote 0
Service center. Device was an autocorrect for service misspelled, and I can't edit posts here.
The issues are 3. 1, sloppy mechanics put the arms of car lifts in the wrong place and compress the seal under the battery, which causes later damage. 2, Clients are not allowed into service bus because of insurance, and people who have not learned bout Teslas don't know how to open the door, where to put the key, or how to get into neutral gear to remove the wheels. since the car has to be on to be in neutral, this means that removing certain parts of the wheel may expose a mechanic to an unpowered circuit. I don't know how it could cause a shock but I wouldn't want to test that by grounding it while using a power tool.
A neighbour told me the wheel is wobbling while driving. Hess this from behind me. I assume if they need a part it an be ordered through NAPA, but the mechanic may not know how to install it.
Yes, I'll have to hope the error code updates itself through self-diagnostic (probably will because it refreshes every time I get it and press the brake).
If not, I'l get the mobile Tesla mechanic (rover) to do it under warranty.

Upvote 0