Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New camber links - how to torque inboard bolt?

Padelford

Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2017
Seattle
I just installed Unplugged Performance adjustable camber links in the rear suspension of my MX. The bushing bolts are supposed to be torqued to spec with the suspension at ride height, which I accomplished by jacking up the rear hubs until they were at the same distance from the top of the wheel well as with the tire mounted & on the ground. The inboard link bolts are difficult to access under this condition, partially blocked by suspension components and the body. I couldn't figure out how to get a torque wrench on them, so I tightened them by hand as far as I could. I've got an appointment for an alignment, and I'll ask them to torque the inboard bolts to spec.

Has anyone else done this link replacement, and did you figure out how to torque the inboard bolts?

Genie

Supporting Member
Jan 14, 2021
Puget Sound, Washington
Have you tried UP‘s Request Help button?
i am considering the same camber links and curious about their customer support, and comments from MX owners who have installed them
TIA

Padelford

Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2017
Seattle
Go look at the post I'm about to make here on how to install these links. I've seen essentially no comments on TMC like what I'm publishing. Hope this helps with your questions.

Reactions: Genie

Harvey Danger

Mar 2, 2021
The Pacific Northwest
Here is the link cryptically alluded to in the post above

• Helpful
Reactions: mxnym

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC