Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New car 35 miles Autopilot still can't turn on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought the Tesla model 3 Std range plus which came autopilot standard
Same happened to me when i picked up last week. That and my GPS stopped working and the map screen was glitching like crazy. They sent me a firmware update that took care of all of it. Had driven over 100 miles on pickup day and it wasn’t calibrating, after the update it only took a few miles and AP became available.

I did see all the AP items in the AP menu right from the start though so you might have another issue there. Check your purchase agreement, it should have AP itemized on there with no price. If that is there just ask for the firmware update to fix your issue. If it is not on your purchase order then you have a car without AP included (highly unlikely)

Attachments

• 8A05213A-E1DB-4572-9CF1-FFDB8A146800.jpeg
    8A05213A-E1DB-4572-9CF1-FFDB8A146800.jpeg
    193.4 KB · Views: 45
Same happened to me when i picked up last week. That and my GPS stopped working and the map screen was glitching like crazy. They sent me a firmware update that took care of all of it. Had driven over 100 miles on pickup day and it wasn’t calibrating, after the update it only took a few miles and AP became available.

I did see all the AP items in the AP menu right from the start though so you might have another issue there. Check your purchase agreement, it should have AP itemized on there with no price. If that is there just ask for the firmware update to fix your issue. If it is not on your purchase order then you have a car without AP included (highly unlikely)
Ap is included in all paperwork. I called they said to wait and wait it will be on. If not by Monday then call what!

• Informative
Reactions: Leafdriver333
Just call the local service center if you don't have AP after 100 miles. They can remote push it to you. This happened to my AWD where I paid for EAP but it wasn't activated in the config. They had to remote push an update to flag my car as an EAP car.

Some cars comes out of the factory with software that's different than what's ordered. Many EAP cars didn't have EAP and some AWD cars came with M3P- software.

Just call the local service center if you don't have AP after 100 miles. They can remote push it to you. This happened to my AWD where I paid for EAP but it wasn't activated in the config. They had to remote push an update to flag my car as an EAP car.

Some cars comes out of the factory with software that's different than what's ordered. Many EAP cars didn't have EAP and some AWD cars came with M3P- software.

What's performance software difference

What's performance software difference

Tesla built all the AWD Model 3s the same if it didn’t have PUP. It’s just an unlock with the software to get Performance.

Some were shipped with Performance when people didn’t order it. Some people got EAP when they didn’t they order it.

Some people didn’t get Performance when they ordered it so at pick up they had to flash a new software. I didn’t get EAP even though I paid for it so they had to push a new software for me. My car was flagged as not having purchased EAP.