Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New car 35 miles Autopilot still can't turn on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesn’t the car have a gauge that tells you how much you’ve completed? The calibration circle?

When I got my X in 2017 it was hit or miss waiting 50 miles but on the 3 in October and recently I thought all cars had the circle that told you the progress.

You should see a calibration progress below the speed as someone has said. Did you pay the extra for it? There is also a known bug that Tesla will be pushing out an update anytime now that is preventing the use of Autopilot.

For mine, we had the calibration but were waiting on a firmware update to get it started. So make sure it is hooked up to WIFI for hte update and you may need to contact Tesla support to see if they can *push* it faster for you since it seems pretty random as to what patch you get and when you get it.

Just got the standard range plus.
The car at 35 miles driven still only activate the standard cruise control never once the standard autopilot

What's going on what should i do?
Go find an Interstate and drive it for about 50 miles without getting off.
Also, you just can't turn the Autopilot on at anytime, you have to wait for the gray wheel to appear before it will engage.
If you were to change your profile location from US to a city/state, folks could often be a little more helpful.

But it sounds like it is a good time to take a road trip to the edge of your batteries range and start trying to get over range anxiety this weekend!

Reactions: Dana1
I just bit the bullet late. Ordered full self driving after purchase.. 7 grand. Why? I’m concerned about where Tesla is going. That said I am happy with my purchase. Does anyone here know how long to get updated firmware. This is really only 2k more than purchase at time of sale so not too much of a hit. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Leafdriver333