Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New car day!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4DCFAC4B-E4DC-47E7-987D-15949AA8C935.jpeg
Happy new car day to people in the Bristol region.

First chance I’ve had to peruse uninterrupted several cars together. Comparing these 10 new cars, I can confirm that the panel gap from the bonnet to the bumper is highly variable, and they have front mudflaps but not rear.

I really like the grey and the blue in the metal but I really don’t like the aero wheels (unless the effect is genuinely noticeable I’ll be taking mine off!)

First chance I’ve had to peruse uninterrupted several cars together. Comparing these 10 new cars, I can confirm that the panel gap from the bonnet to the bumper is highly variable, and they have front mudflaps but not rear.

That gap is the only one on my car that is noticeably wide and can be adjusted out by sliding the bonnet forward a mm or so but will then cause the gap to the wings each side to get too close.

The real problem is that the bumper is marginally cut away too much for the bonnet but it is really nothing to worry about.

I really like the grey and the blue in the metal but I really don’t like the aero wheels (unless the effect is genuinely noticeable I’ll be taking mine off!)
if you are taking them off do it straight away before they have time to damage the wheels.

A possible compromise option here? :)

I’m still waiting business finance approval...submitted over two and a half weeks ago, really hoping to progress today. I think, quite literally, I may have missed the boat for all the inventory arriving. :(

Good luck with the collection.

James.

A possible compromise option here? :)

I’m still waiting business finance approval...submitted over two and a half weeks ago, really hoping to progress today. I think, quite literally, I may have missed the boat for all the inventory arriving. :(

Good luck with the collection.

James.

Well spotted, I like them!

Don't worry about missing the boat (literally!). When you get approval keep checking the inventry if you want a quick delivery. It changes hourly.

Thats how I grabbed mine. :)

if you are taking them off do it straight away before they have time to damage the wheels.

Definitely take this advise, I took mine off about 4-6 weeks ago, been on since collection nov/11k miles ish.
And have some damage to the alloys below, I'm still in talks with tesla as I'm not happy about this (especially as for me, removing g the aeros not had a noticable difference in consumption, and was thinking might leave them off now?)

Doesn't look hopeful that tesla will takes responsibility though.

Definitely take this advise, I took mine off about 4-6 weeks ago, been on since collection nov/11k miles ish.
And have some damage to the alloys below, I'm still in talks with tesla as I'm not happy about this (especially as for me, removing g the aeros not had a noticable difference in consumption, and was thinking might leave them off now?)

Doesn't look hopeful that tesla will takes responsibility though.

Make sure you post here if you get any joy but I rate your chances between slim and none TBH.