Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New car-old firmware version

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received a new Model 3 a week ago. It says the software is up to date but it currently has version 2019.15.107 which looks very outdated. I have not received a request to update. When first receiving the car did it take awhile to receive an update?

I received a new Model 3 a week ago. It says the software is up to date but it currently has version 2019.15.107 which looks very outdated. I have not received a request to update. When first receiving the car did it take awhile to receive an update?

This is a common issue. Your car has the new FSD computer so it automatically starts on 2019.15. It will get updated to the latest software update soon. Just wait.

Is the car connected to wifi?
Doesn't matter (except to download). If an update is available it will show this.;)

IMG_0633 (1).jpeg

Reactions: elf9
Just as a point of reference, I took delivery of my Model 3 LR AWD about two months ago and it came with 2019.15.103. It updated to 2019.15.104 about two days later (2019.24.4 was the most common based off of TeslaFi). After about two weeks or maybe a little longer I eventually got the update to 2019.28.2 when it came out and it seems like most people on these forums in the same boat as me also got updated to 2019.28.2 from 2019.15.104 or .103.

With all that being said I don't think you should worry about being on 2019.15.107 since it seems to actually be a relatively new software (It is probably just labeled 2019.15.X because it is based off of the software that was first built on the 15th week of 2019).

Also I have seen a few people post about this in the daily discussions on the Tesla subreddit lately so you are definitely not the only one in this scenario!

I seem to recall an option in the UI about how fast you want updates. Cutting edge or Normal/Stable.

Ah, there. "Software Update Preferences" under Controls -> Software. See if that's on a slow setting perhaps?
AKA: placebo
Are there any new features I am missing besides the beach buggy game?
At the worst it will probably only be a week or so. HOWEVER keep in mind you will experience this several times a year (I haven't got 32.x yet). You can't always be first. In general Calf tend to get updates before the rest o the country. On the flip side it is X-mass ever month or so with a Tesla.:D

Proof available, or anecdotal/opinion?
Simple math. If ½ the people turn it on (and probably a lot more than ½ do) then everyone can't be getting it before everyone else. So in effect if you leave it off you will probably not get it until the later ½ but cutting it on will only put you in the first ½ and NOT the first to get it. If almost everyone gets it early then no one really gets it early. Also I have it on and haven't got 32.x yet.:D

EDIT: Also It is Standard and Advanced.

IMG_0680.jpeg

I picked up my M3 SR+ exactly two weeks ago today. Still on 2019.15.107. Was showing that the maps needed an update. Unfortunately, I do not have WiFi that reaches my separate garage (working on it - see this thread), but was able to tether to my phone and the nav data downloaded over the course of four trips to and from work over the course of two days.

From a software development and deployment standpoint, when I'm looking for "Who do I send new stuff to first?", opting in to be cutting edge is only part of the equation. Depending on what my focus is, I'll look at other factors from available data points. Those aren't going to be apparent to anybody outside folks who made the criteria. Anything could affect it, from how fast you accept updates, to the speed of your WiFi, to your driving habits, to the color of your car, to the ambient temperature. We have no way of knowing.

Opting in is not "Priority in line". It's an offer to accept something that may break your stuff. So while opting in simply says you're willing to take the cutting edge, it doesn't guarantee that you will get it. But not opting in indicates that you'd rather wait for wide rollout of LTS versions.

Just looking at the same math claim logic, not turning it on simply guarantees that you'll get it after everybody who has it turned on. So while turning it on doesn't mean you're first, not turning it on would always mean you have to wait until after everybody who did turn it on.

It's not a guarantee, but it can't hurt.

Reactions: jamnmon66
I just received my model 3 SR+ on Friday (August 2019 production HW 3.0) with 2019.15.107. I worked for several years in software development using agile methodologies and feature branch based development processes (bitbucket) that we are in a different branch that is getting merges from another branch. If you were to use a feature branch concept, we are basically in a feature branch with the latest and greatest tech seeing other features that went through a whole master merge to production process come into our branch. Although we might not have some of the cool new features like the wheel configuration, we might have better autopilot capabilities, maybe. Whatever the case, I am definitely expecting my FSD v10 will have all of those features and have even better capabilities with the HW 3.0!

Rocky Mountain Tesla