Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New changes to Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think anyone, on the forum at least, has taken delivery of a 2023 Model S yet. They shut down the line for most of January for retooling, whatever that means, hoping it means HW4 :)
Where did you see that they shut it down for retooling? I saw that about the Giga Texas plant, but not Freemont.

And yes!! HW4 would be amazing. crossing fingers we get it!

Reactions: zoomer0056
Where did you see that they shut it down for retooling? I saw that about the Giga Texas plant, but not Freemont.

And yes!! HW4 would be amazing. crossing fingers we get it!
There's a whole thing on another thread from a week or so ago ... Tesla's reps were saying deliveries on S will resume mid February due to the line being shut down for retooling ... but no other details 🤷‍♂️

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
There's a whole thing on another thread from a week or so ago ... Tesla's reps were saying deliveries on S will resume mid February due to the line being shut down for retooling ... but no other details 🤷‍♂️
Nooo!!! I will have to try and find that thread, thanks for the heads up. We have a road trip planned for late February... so fingers crossed, I will be able to get in there.

A "retooling" can also just be extended maintenance. They are putting the Project Highland line up in Fremont - this could be effecting the P2 somehow (moving, electrical, etc.). Then again, it could be a complete makeover with four motors, HW5, 16 cameras and 2 radars. We really have no idea what the "retooling" is about.
4680 batteries head’s up display and a free Shetland pony for every new S owner.

A "retooling" can also just be extended maintenance. They are putting the Project Highland line up in Fremont - this could be effecting the P2 somehow (moving, electrical, etc.). Then again, it could be a complete makeover with four motors, HW5, 16 cameras and 2 radars. We really have no idea what the "retooling" is about.
That does make sense, and it could be any combination of what you mentioned. I wonder if it could be a delay to get some Model S' to China? I read an article that they are shipping them over. I am also curious of a good source to keep an eye on what is going on over there! I assume they don't post daily production numbers publicly.