Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Colors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nobody buys black or blue.

Both black and blue are in the 5 most popular car colors in America. Blue is above Red. "Nobody buys black or blue" is simply an incorrect statement, there is no other way to see it.

Note that I picked America because the location under your name shows "Austin" so it looks like your in the USA like I am.

America’s Most Popular Car Colors​

RankColorPercentage Share
1White25%
2Gray21%
3Black20%
4Silver11%
5Blue10%
6Red8%
7Green1.8%
8Brown1.3%
9Orange0.6%
10Yellow0.2%
11Gold0.2%
12Purple0.1%

Reactions: KJD
Both black and blue are in the 5 most popular car colors in America. Blue is above Red. "Nobody buys black or blue" is simply an incorrect statement, there is no other way to see it.

Note that I picked America because the location under your name shows "Austin" so it looks like your in the USA like I am.

1White25%
2Gray21%
3Black20%
4Silver11%
5Blue10%
6Red8%
7Green1.8%
8Brown1.3%
9Orange0.6%
10Yellow0.2%
11Gold0.2%
12Purple0.1%
Maybe the Stealth "Gray" can also fit into that #2 spot.

what the ai said... :)

1713653711099.png

I like the new red and grey colors, but why hasn’t Tesla refreshed all of the colors by now? Nobody buys black or blue. Change out those colors! Bring back the light silver. This is a cheap way to make aging models look fresh. Even with the Highland refresh, the car still looks very similar to the old one.
Agree on light silver. Think it is their best color. Whenever I see a light silver Tesla it is a head turner and looks so elegant/classic. Bring it back, as tired of the darker colors.

1White25%
2Gray21%
3Black20%
4Silver11%
5Blue10%
6Red8%
7Green1.8%
8Brown1.3%
9Orange0.6%
10Yellow0.2%
11Gold0.2%
12Purple0.1%
I was speaking specifically of Teslas here. I’m guessing the blue and definitely black take rates are much lower than above. Part of that is that they haven’t been the free colors in quite a while. Regardless, change them to a different blue or black. Add a couple other colors too. This is such a cheap way to refresh the line.