Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Delivery? IRON decon right away!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No pics because it was fairly late last night but holy cripes…

just took delivery of my White SR+ on Saturday and noticed rusting iron bits all over the hood—and indeed all over the car. I used the Adams remover and it did okay (iron x is better)but man—the entire car was bleeding purple!

just wanted to give a heads up to folks—especially further away from the factory like I am here in Virginia: these cars spend a long time on railways/trucks to get to us and man was that a lot of iron to remove!

No pics because it was fairly late last night but holy cripes…

just took delivery of my White SR+ on Saturday and noticed rusting iron bits all over the hood—and indeed all over the car. I used the Adams remover and it did okay (iron x is better)but man—the entire car was bleeding purple!

just wanted to give a heads up to folks—especially further away from the factory like I am here in Virginia: these cars spend a long time on railways/trucks to get to us and man was that a lot of iron to remove!
I had the same issue with my M3 SR+ (white). Six days after delivery I decided to wash the car. To my dismay, I discovered thousands of iron spots, particularly on the trunk and the partly horizontal portions of the rear quarter panels. Locally, I could find only Meguiar’s Iron Removing Spray Clay, which worked reasonably well. After multiple applications and light action with a wet wash mitt, I was able to remove most of it. The attached photos show the iron spots and the reaction on my first treatment with Meguiar’s. I ordered some Iron X, and will use that the next time I wash. Other manufacturers use car covers or shrink wrap when the vehicles are in transit. I realize this is a cost and, with some materials, an environmental issue. But I would gladly pay an extra $50-$100 for a vehicle that I did not have to detail the first time I washed it!

Attachments

• CFD50662-4BE1-45D0-AC00-8F72C0B610A8.jpeg
    CFD50662-4BE1-45D0-AC00-8F72C0B610A8.jpeg
    155.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 005F858C-6D78-4FBC-BB3C-F305DF438801.jpeg
    005F858C-6D78-4FBC-BB3C-F305DF438801.jpeg
    282.3 KB · Views: 69