Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Englanders -- check in!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LRR = low rolling resistance

I also went with the 2nd set of rims and the Pirelli's which Tesla was offering.
However although I got my car on 1/8, I rarely drove in the snow for the reasons which PeterK explained.
This winter I may venture out a bit more in the snow but it was so much easier to work from home!

However although I got my car on 1/8, I rarely drove in the snow for the reasons which PeterK explained.

I surprised myself by not getting upset and taking it in stride. Kind of a christening for my S85, and helped ensure I would treat it like what it is, a car.

Funny thing is, just five minutes before I was hit while stopped at a light in Harvard Square, I was on the phone with my mother whom I was on the way to see in NYC. She asked if I really should be taking the new Tesla in the snow, to which I replied "It's a car not a baby!"

• GreetingS drivers! I am organizing a National Plug-In Day celebration in Portland Maine, to be held on September 29th, and wanted to extend the invitation to this group.
    Please join us for Maine's first-ever National Plug In Day celebration, with an event called "Maine Plugs In." We'll have Maine's largest-ever collection of electric vehicles, including Nissan LEAFs, Chevrolet Volts, a Vectricx, Ford Focus Electric, Toyota Prius Plugin, a solar-powered golf cart, and even an ERACER (1kwh battery Electrathon electric race car 2370 MPGe @ 62 mpg, 105 lb. carbon fiber monocoque).

What's missing from this list of great EVs? Sadly, we do not have any kind of Tesla representation. Can you help?

For more information about our event, see this flyer:

600_284624682.jpe

And, here is a photo of the green campus where we will be hosting the event:

600_284624762.jpe

Please let us me if you can spare an afternoon visit to beautiful coastal southern Maine to display your own EV beauty and talk with fellow EV enthusiasts, green companies and interested event attendees.

Hey fellow EV New Englanders - I'm Zac and live in Westford, MA - number #3,768 in line for a Model X. Just got SolarCity to install a new 9K Watt solar system on my house and now we're just waiting for National Grid's permission to throw the switch and start pumping solar power back onto the grid. I look forward to bumping into you all at a SuperCharger station sometime in the future!

Hey fellow EV New Englanders - I'm Zac and live in Westford, MA - number #3,768 in line for a Model X. Just got SolarCity to install a new 9K Watt solar system on my house and now we're just waiting for National Grid's permission to throw the switch and start pumping solar power back onto the grid. I look forward to bumping into you all at a SuperCharger station sometime in the future!

Welcome, to the community, Zac. Looking forward to seeing your Model X and others in the area in 18 months or so...

Welcome Zac, good combo solar + electric car.

Hi Zac. I live just a couple towns north of you and am considering solar next year. Did you lease or buy the system? If you bought (and if you don't mind me being nosy as I'm looking to see how much I'll need to spend), how much was the cost?

Hi. I'm new to the forums, but had my MS since August. Met Aaron at the Darien SC two months ago and he suggested I check out the forum. Met another great owner in Milford yesterday (from Concord) who also suggested the forums. So here I am! Enjoyed the thread about Mt. Washington - didn't make it up there this year, but on the agenda for next year.

Really enjoying the MS. I live in CT - 10 miles from Darien supercharger, 35 miles from Milford supercharger, and 20 miles from the rumored Greenwich supercharger. They are great to look at and a nice place to meet some other MS owners, but honestly I'm really looking forward to some superchargers that will help me get somewhere - Sturbridge would be awesome for my trips to ME, NH, and even MA.

Julius

Welcome, tes-s!

The owner from Concord wasn't Jim, perhaps? I've had mine since March and 9000 mikes. Have used Milford and Darien many times for NYC trips but looking forward to Greenwich, Sturbridge and especially NH superchargers to expand options. Just.a few more months...

Welcome Julius. I'm moving to Fairfield just as soon as I can sell my house so I may see you driving around that area soon, if not at a Supercharger before then! Agree they are a great place to meet fellow owners - I used Milford for the first time last week and met an owner from Woodbridge, chat and coffee in the sun while our cars were charging - you don't see people doing that at the gas pumps!

Hello, world!

Took delivery of my Model S on August 7th and have been loving it ever since! I live in the MetroWest area, near the intersection of US 95 & MA 9. My wife won't let me have a mistress, so I had to "settle" for the car. :)

I've started and sold a couple of computer companies and now have the rare privilege of spending a lot of time at home with my family. After 30 years of practically non-stop work, I don't take this privilege for granted!

I am grateful for the Tesla Motor Club and the people who contribute to it. This resource has been of great help to me in understanding, selecting and operating my car. Go, TMC! And thanks, Robert, for setting up this thread.

Alan