Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New fast chargers will be installed throughout Montana

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: bruce4000 and KJD
If they are like the ones being installed in North Carolina expect no faster than 62.5kw and no more than 2 per location. Some will only be 50kw and one per location.
The first station is already up and running.

It's in Whitefish near Glacier National Park.

The units used are ChargePoint Express 250.

These are 62.5 kW single or 125 kW paired.

If they are like the ones being installed in North Carolina expect no faster than 62.5kw and no more than 2 per location. Some will only be 50kw and one per location.
What I've noticed in reviewing fastchargers in the US interior (versus on the coasts) is that while the coasts got an early start in fastcharger deployment, they also got the early, unreliable, and relatively low power units. The "lagging" midwestern, great plains, and Rocky Mountain states on the other hand are getting better and more powerful units, so in this case, there is some benefit to trailing behind a bit.

Or in the case of the 255+ mile gap between Winnemucca and Boise, no units at all!! That is not a benefit.
I think you missed my point entirely, which is that even though those states are late to the game (resulting in these huge gaps and holes that are a huge pain now), that once they finally do receive stations, they tend to be higher powered, more reliable models.

• Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H