Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New feature to set TACC or Autosteer speed in 2020.36

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

Just rolling out: Tesla releases new software update to visually detect speed limit signs, and more - Electrek

From the release notes:

“Quickly adjust the Traffic-Aware Cruise Control or Autosteer set speed to the current speed by simply tapping the cluster speedometer. You can still tap the speed limit sign to adjust the set speed to the speed limit.”

After several years of using TACC and Auto Pilot, I’m not sure why I would want to change my set speed to the current speed, but now that I will be able to easily do that maybe I’ll find a reason to do so.

I can see how it will be a convenience to easily change my set speed to the current speed limit so that when the speed limit decreases I can avoid getting ticketed. I expect in the future there will be an option for the car to make that kind of speed change automatically, which would be my preference.

After several years of using TACC and Auto Pilot, I’m not sure why I would want to change my set speed to the current speed, but now that I will be able to easily do that maybe I’ll find a reason to do so.

Because the point of cruise is to take over the driving at the speed i've already established. Which is not always the same fixed offset programmed into the computer.

Reactions: Michelle_eriw
TACC already slows the car down to a lower speed limit. Or at least it has for me as long as I've had it... certainly does it on undivided streets/highways, and almost sure I've had a few annoying aggressive decelerations where a much lower speed limit is erroneously programmed into whatever database tesla uses for speed limits even for divided highways.

When I first test drove a Tesla, about a year before I bought one, it already had this feature. I had seen it on a YouTube video and during the test drive I showed the Tesla Rep and he didn't even know that feature was there. Once I bough my car, back in March of this year, it didn't have that feature on it, so I assumed Tesla removed it (not sure)? Looks like they brought it back?