Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP speed limit changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On highways, it has been recommended to follow the traffic. If other cars run at 75MPH and one's car driven at 60 MPH (speed limit), that would be an issue unless moving to the slow lane (if there is one) !!!
This is the reason why RVs , typically run slower, have to move to the rightmost lane.

On highways, it has been recommended to follow the traffic. If other cars run at 75MPH and one's car driven at 60 MPH (speed limit), that would be an issue unless moving to the slow lane (if there is one) !!!
This is the reason why RVs , typically run slower, have to move to the rightmost lane.
no. If all cars move 75 - they will all get nice tickets from the local police for speeding.
In UK it is mandatory to keep left lane, unless overtaking (as per highway code).

you are commenting in UK subforum and the driving rules of Murica does not apply here

no. If all cars move 75 - they will all get nice tickets from the local police for speeding.
Sorry, I forgot to add "in US", people drive past speed limit by 10 or 15MPH, not me though, 5 miles over speed limit is the max.
When most cars on highway moving 10 or 15 past limit, police has trouble to stop all of them for ticket.
I do hope that speed limit is truly mandatory in US too.

Sorry, I forgot to add "in US", people drive past speed limit by 10 or 15MPH, not me though, 5 miles over speed limit is the max.
When most cars on highway moving 10 or 15 past limit, police has trouble to stop all of them for ticket.
I do hope that speed limit is truly mandatory in US too.
+ 15 mph in motorway is 3 points and fine equal 50% weekly income

I believe the 'Intelligent' speed limiter becomes a EU requirement from July 2024 for all new cars.
So eventually, Tesla will need to push it as a software update if they want to be able to continue selling cars in Europe. Therefore I would believe the feature is set to arrive within the next 3-4 months....