Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Fire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you look at the CGFD twitter feed they show a Tesla fire dated June 2. The July video starts in the garage but later parts show the car in the driveway.

In the June post, they said they pulled the car out of the garage to save the structure. Seems likely to be the same event.

Twitter

The amount of effort that went into the production of this clip is suspicious... This clip seems to have been stagged/planned in advance. Why does a fire department need to advertise? Why didn't this come out when it happened? Its not like you are going to read their reviews before calling them when you need them.
My opinion is that a Tesla short discovered the incident, and probably offered for free to produce a video clip on it, and make it as a "promotional" video for the fire department.

The amount of effort that went into the production of this clip is suspicious... This clip seems to have been stagged/planned in advance. Why does a fire department need to advertise? Why didn't this come out when it happened? Its not like you are going to read their reviews before calling them when you need them.
My opinion is that a Tesla short discovered the incident, and probably offered for free to produce a video clip on it, and make it as a "promotional" video for the fire department.
They mounted "body cameras" to their helmets and showed the footage. Every civil servant should wear a bodycam like them - in fact this is a point of global focus right now.

I can't make out the battery # on that badge - I wonder if they will send higher resolution photos?

this is an elaborate theory for a mundane event. They post a lot. Part public service. Part to justify their budget (they are out there doing stuff!). There pictures and video doesn’t even say Tesla.

The YouTube link above was a repost. No idea of that persons motivation.

Reactions: croman
The link is in post 41.

this is what they tweeted (also note they don’t name the brand):

Coral Gables Fire
Jun 2

Gables Fire Crews Sucessfuly extinguish Fire. Crews found 2 vehicles on fire inside the Garage. Quick & aggressive thinking by the crews, they pulled the vehicle out to continue the Extinguishment process outside of the structure. This quick thinking saved this home! #CGFD

The amount of mental gymnastics and obsession with mythical shorts is impressive. It is literally everything some posters think is responsible for anything negative about Tesla.

In my experience, Tesla is the most responsible for bad stuff happening.

Plus, emergency personnel have good cause to fear Teslas because our cars seem intent on hitting their pulled over vehicles.

The amount of mental gymnastics and obsession with mythical shorts is impressive. It is literally everything some posters think is responsible for anything negative about Tesla.

In my experience, Tesla is the most responsible for bad stuff happening.

Plus, emergency personnel have good cause to fear Teslas because our cars seem intent on hitting their pulled over vehicles.
Or you just happen to see the reports about tesla in autopilot hitting emergency vehicles....it happens all the time with ice cars but of course why would the news report a normal ice car hitting a pulled over emergency vehicle.....just like most ice vehicle fires don't make the news because it's old news and doesn't get people fired up....tesla is a target....there's billions of dollars at stake for short sellers

They pulled the burning tesla out of the garage somehow. One would think they wouldn't be able to put it in neutral.
So what? You think their fire truck can’t drag the Tesla?
Or are you saying they wouldn’t drag it because they were worried about damaging it?

those fire trucks have a massive amount of torque and dragging a Tesla kicking and screaming (aka while it’s in park) is a cakewalk.

also there’s no way their first priority was to not damage the burning car, I’m sure it was to prevent a bigger fire. Leaving the vehicle in the garage could set the house on fire and now they’ve got a bigger mess.

Teslas can be difficult to put out, if I’m the firefighter on scene making the decisions you better believe my first one is to drag the vehicle out and isolate it where it can be contained without setting other structures on fire.

So what? You think their fire truck can’t drag the Tesla?
Or are you saying they wouldn’t drag it because they were worried about damaging it?

those fire trucks have a massive amount of torque and dragging a Tesla kicking and screaming (aka while it’s in park) is a cakewalk.

also there’s no way their first priority was to not damage the burning car, I’m sure it was to prevent a bigger fire. Leaving the vehicle in the garage could set the house on fire and now they’ve got a bigger mess.

Teslas can be difficult to put out, if I’m the firefighter on scene making the decisions you better believe my first one is to drag the vehicle out and isolate it where it can be contained without setting other structures on fire.
Did I say I didn't think a fire truck had massive amounts or torque? o_O

My point is there is a protocol that they follow. Hopefully there is a firefighter reading this thread and can comment otherwise we are all just speculating.

• Disagree
Reactions: hpartsch
Ice cars aren't left to drive themselves into firetrucks. It takes way more stupidity for ice cars than for negligent Tesla owners. Teslas are such a tiny fraction of cars on the road but they disproportionately are involved in these accidents because of AP and owner's overreliance on that software which is clearly unable to avoid parked emergency vehicles.

Reactions: kavyboy
Ice cars aren't left to drive themselves into firetrucks. It takes way more stupidity for ice cars than for negligent Tesla owners. Teslas are such a tiny fraction of cars on the road but they disproportionately are involved in these accidents because of AP and owner's overreliance on that software which is clearly unable to avoid parked emergency vehicles.
Ok so since you have the statistics to back this up please share with us unknowing people.

We only hear about the tesla incidents because they are being put in the spotlight by the media not because they happen at a higher rate than other cars.

Data and facts please to back up your statement

Ok so since you have the statistics to back this up please share with us unknowing people.

We only hear about the tesla incidents because they are being put in the spotlight by the media not because they happen at a higher rate than other cars.

Data and facts please to back up your statement

You first. I'm not wearing the tin foil hat shouting about a media conspiracy.

My point is there is a protocol that they follow. Hopefully there is a firefighter reading this thread and can comment otherwise we are all just speculating.
No but you said they wouldn’t be able to put it in neutral... who gives 2 shi**? Fairly certain the fire has done more damage than pulling the vehicle while it’s in park.

Also you said last time you checked fire departments don’t do that, what exactly did you check? Did you speak to the fire chief at that department? Did you speak to any of the firefighters on scene regarding the procedure? What did you check?

No but you said they wouldn’t be able to put it in neutral... who gives 2 shi**? Fairly certain the fire has done more damage than pulling the vehicle while it’s in park.

Also you said last time you checked fire departments don’t do that, what exactly did you check? Did you speak to the fire chief at that department? Did you speak to any of the firefighters on scene regarding the procedure? What did you check?
Wow.....who peepeed in your cheerios? No need for all the hostility......you missed the part where I said we need someone with experience ie firefighter that knows the protocol....

Let the fire spread/burn the house down? Don't need a firefighter to tell us the "protocol". They used their brains and acted swiftly. Move on - losing the battle on this one & just digging the hole deeper.

Reactions: croman and AMPd