Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New garbage cans at Ontario SuperChargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DMC-Orangeville

Audi eTron & John Deere 5100E
Feb 14, 2015
Orangeville ON Canada
The Tesla Owners Club of Ontario (TOCO) has placed it's first garbage can at the Grimsby Ontario SuperCharger.

History:
We had noticed that most superchargers are placed far away from any garbage can. This often led to a bunch of coffee cups and other trash scattered around the area.

TOCO found a design we liked and approached the property owners of many of the sites. The Grimsby site owner is the first to agree. The site owner has agreed to maintain/empty the bin. Many more mountains to climb to get Cadillac Fairview, Smart Centres etc. on board with this.

If any other clubs have interest, please PM @Jgdixon or me for more information

image_from_ios.jpg

image_from_ios.jpg

image_from_ios.jpg

The Tesla Owners Club of Ontario (TOCO) has placed it's first garbage can at the Grimsby Ontario SuperCharger.

History:
We had noticed that most superchargers are placed far away from any garbage can. This often led to a bunch of coffee cups and other trash scattered around the area.

TOCO found a design we liked and approached the property owners of many of the sites. The Grimsby site owner is the first to agree. The site owner has agreed to maintain/empty the bin. Many more mountains to climb to get Cadillac Fairview, Smart Centres etc. on board with this.

If any other clubs have interest, please PM @Jgdixon or me for more information
Nice initiative! I've also commented on lack of garbage cans near almost all SS's.

Reactions: Vawlkus
I’m gonna post this in the local EV forum. Might not be a bad idea for most of the clubs to do similar.
That's what we are hoping for.

If you want, I'm sure that TOCO will share everything with you. We have run into a LOT of obstacles. PM @Jgdixon to set up a dialogue. He and another director (not me, and he's not active on this forum) did most of the heavy lifting, and it's too complex to list everything here. John may have shared some of this already with reps from the Tesla Owners Club of Atlantic Canada (TOCAL?)

That's what we are hoping for.

If you want, I'm sure that TOCO will share everything with you. We have run into a LOT of obstacles. PM @Jgdixon to set up a dialogue. He and another director (not me, and he's not active on this forum) did most of the heavy lifting, and it's too complex to list everything here. John may have shared some of this already with reps from the Tesla Owners Club of Atlantic Canada (TOCAL?)
Not that I’ve seen. There’s a second EV group and it’s been working with one of the local SC location GMs to get a trash bin nearby, since at that location the stalls are on the far end of the parking lot.

Great initiative! Just cause you drive an EV it does not overcome some people's personal laziness and ignorance.
I have a small rectangular garbage bin that fits perfectly between the back of the center console and the middle seat.
Usually I have my tissue paper box in it as it doubles as a holder when it is empty and clean. It is low enough to not block the rear vents or USB ports.

History:
image_from_ios.jpg

image_from_ios.jpg

image_from_ios.jpg

FYI: I was charging my M3 at the Mississauga Supercharger a couple of weeks ago when a Honda Civic boldly backed into an empty Supercharger station two positions away from me. The driver sat there and finished eating something before lighting up a cigarette. He then got out of his Honda, apparently looking for a trash can, and finding none, casually discarded the shriveled empty sandwich container and the cigarette butt on the ground and took off. Hopefully, your receptacles will curb this kind of miscreant behaviour, thanks!