Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New (hw4) Y vs used 2020 or 21 Y Pros and Cons

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
impermanence is also hiding in hindsight-life's no guarantee! Waiting, waiting & waiting is gonna drain you.
Yup I've been "waiting" to buy a Tesla since 2018. Didn't buy a Model 3 then because of an uncertainty of future income due to various issues. Didn't buy a Model Y earlier because I was waiting to see what the magical 4680s would bring (nothing) and then with the price hikes it made no sense financially and now I was waiting to see what would happen with bumper cameras.

I've been driving my Leaf since 2011. Time to upgrade soon. Knowing my luck they'll probably do a major upgrade q4 or q1.

Maybe I'll do a test drive and see how hw4 vision park assist works. I've used USS Tesla Park assist.

Yup I've been "waiting" to buy a Tesla since 2018. Didn't buy a Model 3 then because of an uncertainty of future income due to various issues. Didn't buy a Model Y earlier because I was waiting to see what the magical 4680s would bring (nothing) and then with the price hikes it made no sense financially and now I was waiting to see what would happen with bumper cameras.

I've been driving my Leaf since 2011. Time to upgrade soon. Knowing my luck they'll probably do a major upgrade q4 or q1.

Maybe I'll do a test drive and see how hw4 vision park assist works. I've used USS Tesla Park assist.
HW4 Vision is worse than HW3 for now. Constant false ghost alarms and distances are not accurate at all. I would not rely on HW4 for parking in tight spots.

Reactions: cdub
HW4 Vision is worse than HW3 for now. Constant false ghost alarms and distances are not accurate at all. I would not rely on HW4 for parking in tight spots.
Eventually HW4 FSD will catch up and will be better than HW3 FSD. Also higher resolution cameras will please your eyes. I have HW3 and I am not pleased with the blurry images from the rear camera.

MY 2023 MYP gives me distances in inches to things in front (and back) when I park, and it shows STOP when I'm really close. I don't know how it judges it, but ignore those distances and warnings at your peril because you'll hit something like the curb I hit yesterday.

Thanks for sharing. What did your screen show when you hit the curb? Did it show any red lines around your car? That's one thing I am being cautious about when I parallel park, thus it's taking me much longer to park with my new 23MY :rolleyes:

was an owner of 2013 Leaf-reserved M3 on the night of unveil, waited 2 yrs, 2 months & 6 days-wasn't a car person but blown away with the barebone M3 RWD, love the company's Sustainable mission and began supporting/investing a week after the M3 delivery. Then traded 2018 M3 for 2020 MY and now looking to trade in for 2023 MY.

Thanks for sharing. What did your screen show when you hit the curb? Did it show any red lines around your car? That's one thing I am being cautious about when I parallel park, thus it's taking me much longer to park with my new 23MY :rolleyes:
Yes, red lines all around when I park in my garage, which is a bit full. Red lines and distance on the front (or back when reversing), but the distances in front sometimes change as you pull forward. I don't know where the car judges distance, and if it is the closest point when you don't have something flat in front of you.

Reactions: EnjoyDriving