Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Improved Touchscreen To Be Released?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was not aware of that. Do you know what they have improved? The guy from Tesla was talking about more ROM in the new display.
I think the "guy" you spoke with doesn't know what he's talking about and is trying to make it seem like he does. There have been no updates to the MCU in the new version of the screen, just like v1 and v2. This is merely an update to the actual display panel and not the control unit that powers it. v1 had the bubbling issue. v2 fixed this but introduced the yellow borders issue. Supposedly v3 addresses both of these and hopefully doesn't introduce anything new. This screen can be changed out and your current main control unit remains unchanged... hence no changes to ROM or anything like that. Now, the "guy" may be talking about a full MCU upgrade but that would be something entirely different.

Reactions: GreenT
I think the "guy" you spoke with doesn't know what he's talking about and is trying to make it seem like he does. There have been no updates to the MCU in the new version of the screen, just like v1 and v2. This is merely an update to the actual display panel and not the control unit that powers it. v1 had the bubbling issue. v2 fixed this but introduced the yellow borders issue. Supposedly v3 addresses both of these and hopefully doesn't introduce anything new. This screen can be changed out and your current main control unit remains unchanged... hence no changes to ROM or anything like that. Now, the "guy" may be talking about a full MCU upgrade but that would be something entirely different.

Thanks!!

maybe he meant a new one is coming out soon?? You know how tesla does things right? Its all foggy around major selling times(quarters) with added changes then after the sale frenzy they release new updated hardware in the models to start the hype process again.

Reactions: SeminoleFSU